Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boxing-Double Headlining Bouts

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm a casual follower, so pinch-of-salt etc - but in terms of the degree to which such a fight is "staged" - if it is as fake as WWE then it's an incredibly bad PR call from anyone affiliated with promoting Fury and making him look good. Being the Heavyweight Champion and having the narrowest of victories (including a knock-down) makes you look really poor as a Boxer and only fuels the fire to those who perceive him as average (compared to the greats) when taking who he has fought in his defences into account, not to mention the fights he hasn't had.

Whyte was shot. Chisora was shot. Joshua hasn't happened. Usyk (the one that has to happen) hasn't happened and Wilder has serious limitations when it comes to technique, dangerous as his right hand is.

We need to see him fight someone mobile. We need that Usyk fight and honestly I'd even bloody take a Ruiz fight at this point out of sheer curiosity. He has always been matched up against the more static lad who comes in and doesn't counter well.

Last night's highlights and his post-fight chat made him look really poor. Hence my feeling that Usyk will take huge encouragement when going up against someone who should have (in theory) been winning that bout against Ngannou comfortably via better Boxing technique/proficiency.
    Don't you hate Fury ?

Didn't see the fight, sounds like Mike Tyson did fairly well passing on the old wisdom to Nganu.

What a card that is in 23rd December in Saudi. Can't wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What a card that is in 23rd December in Saudi. Can't wait for that.
    Well it is certainly being hyped up as such,although i'm not overly happy that Joshua has already began shooting his mouth, about what he's going to do to Wallin.

I've listened to the conversation between them and it seems AJ is responding to things Wallin has said.
    Both Parker and Wallin are decent opponents but I'd expect both Wilder and AJ to come through those bouts.
    I hope that cheating prick Miller gets his arse handed to him. What a fat gobshite he is.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I've listened to the conversation between them and it seems AJ is responding to things Wallin has said.
    Both Parker and Wallin are decent opponents but I'd expect both Wilder and AJ to come through those bouts.
    I hope that cheating prick Miller gets his arse handed to him. What a fat gobshite he is.
    That's good thanks for updating me,yeah they should provide reasonable competition for Wilder and AJ.Plus if they come through them they're supposed to line up against each other.

I hadn't heard much about Miller as a fighter other than the failed drug test scenario.

So we will get to see Aj's and Wilder's skills on display this Saturday in what hopefully will be a couple of good matchups.Then providing both come through their respective fights unscathed,it will setup a long awaited matchup between the 2 possibly fighting on the undercard of Fury vs Usyk.
    At least Part 1 of the scenario will get to play out on Saturday.

Aye I'm looking forward to it. Should be some good fights.

Joseph Parker. Take a fucking bow. Quality fight from him.

Wow ! what a borefest,congrats to Parker but even with the result he's no star fighter and will never headline an event.imo

Maybe i was expecting a higher class product,unfortunately he is a Chisora style journeyman.

As for the pathetic display from Wilder,after a 2year period without fights he came in very unprepared,which is absolutely no excuse for me.

Hopefully AJ and Wallin treat us to a decent fighting display,to lift spirits after that!!!
    Last edited by fagin; 24th December 2023 at 12:26 AM.

The atmosphere has been shite.
    London or Vegas would be bouncing.