Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v West Ham

Your team v West Ham

Annoyingly couldn't see the game - same side again for some consistency - naturally welcome the input of those who managed to get a stream!

.......................Alisson

Trent....Konate.....Van Dijk...Robertson

......................Fabinho

...........Henderson......Jones

....Salah.........Gakpo.......Jota
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Same again please and remember we're playnig these with an extra days rest and their having had a midweek game in the Europa conference, good tempo and quick passing and mixing it up and testing what will likely be very tired legs from the off for me

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Jota

I don't want to see Hendo consistently ahead of Mo as a really advanced No10, i think playing him and Mo like that is an absolute fucking nonsense. I would like to see Mo stay more advanced and wander just a bit onto/between the full back and LCB always on the line ready to be released, Hendo to be the one dropping deeper to make the width, with instruction to cover Trent's position right side of the double pivot he steps in to make up, to allow Trent to make runs off the expected man marker to be released more advanced centre or right - That's how I think we can get the very best of that tweak

Another absolutely MUST WIN game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Another absolutely MUST WIN game
    An away win ahead of the Tottenham clash would be unreal, especially as the game against Spurs would be followed up by two more Anfield matches.

We've won two - good work - can we win two more?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    An away win ahead of the Tottenham clash would be unreal, especially as the game against Spurs would be followed up by two more Anfield matches.

We've won two - good work - can we win two more?
    We just need to put all our focus and everything we have into getting the win v West Ham on Wednesday, they played Thursday, then tomorrow then Wednesday, Spurs are playing Sunday Thursday SUnday, so well have extra rest on both, so if all's good from our medical team assessments, we should be able to play without needing to rotate, try and keep the momentum, Jurgen needs to tweak that tweak with Mo and Hendo though, because it might see us undone if he doesn't, as we played it all game today we didn't get the best of Trent, Hendo or Mo in that game and Leeds was the same before he changed it

I honestly can’t see us winning this one. West Ham work far too hard compared to a team like Leeds. A draw is probably the best we can expect. I hate to be so negative, but it’s just the way I see things at the moment.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I honestly can’t see us winning this one. West Ham work far too hard compared to a team like Leeds. A draw is probably the best we can expect. I hate to be so negative, but it’s just the way I see things at the moment.
    Snap out of it man We will bum them into oblivion TM Steveo As long as Jurgen keeps to the winning formula making the appropriate tweaks that worked such a treat v Leeds. ie Henderson deeper, Salah on the opposition last line rather than the other way around

I really hope you’re right mate, but after witnessing today’s performance firsthand, I just can’t see it. The work ethic doesn’t seem to be there, or we haven’t got the legs for it anymore. The second half substitutions actually made us worse. Bear in mind, this was against Nottingham Forest.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I really hope you’re right mate, but after witnessing today’s performance firsthand, I just can’t see it. The work ethic doesn’t seem to be there, or we haven’t got the legs for it anymore. The second half substitutions actually made us worse. Bear in mind, this was against Nottingham Forest.
    Cooper's a twat though, his team have been absolute shite in every game I have watched them this season, except for in both their games against us

Today was another game we made needless changes on the back of a very good performance, we were pretty poor v Leeds until we pushed Mo further forward and dropped Hendo further back, having seen that click as it did and everything around the Trent tweak seemingly then fall into place, I was sure we'd start today as we had finished the game v Leeds with the tweak to the tweak from the outset, but we didn't which meant we didn't get the best out of Mo, Hendo or Trent today, except for Trent's set piece delivery of course

It was like after we thrashed the filthy 7-0, dropping Hendo who had played superbly as LCM controller in that win, bringing in Bajcetic and playing him as a second attacking midfielder further forward leaving Fab on his own in the centre against Bournemouth, we got away with it today, but I am hoping to God he starts v West Ham with the tweak to the tweak in all honesty

The constant and unnecessary chopping and changing of far too many things has been a huge part of why we have been shit this season and it's been pissing me off all season in all honesty

Nothing wrong with having an opinion.

I think we can expect performances to Yo-yo a little with the tweaks. My hope is that even if we have mixed bag performances here and there that we may be clinical enough at the front to scrape matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Nothing wrong with having an opinion.

I think we can expect performances to Yo-yo a little with the tweaks. My hope is that even if we have mixed bag performances here and there that we may be clinical enough at the front to scrape matches.
    Just keep Mo forward in the positions he scores and creates from, have Hendo or Trent arriving from deeper to link with him with Hendo covering Trent when he goes and we're all good - Salah's one of this clubs best ever forwards not an attacking mid