Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes afoot for trip to West Ham?

If you look at the games and player stats from 20-21 Thiago simply isn't a main player, or reason for that run

On Hendo age and injuries have taken their toll, he has slowed down and we need a replacement for him, when used correctly ie not as a very advanced No10 his know how, game intelligence and positioning that have for so long enabled us to get far more from Mo and Trent remain a huge asset and we still miss him when not in the line up

I'm happy for change and for any player to be replaced, as long as the change is for the better and the player is replaced with better, ie a player who has and can do everything they did at their very best and more, we didn't do that brnging Thiago in for Gini and we won't be able to do that with Hendo in some respects, we will be able to get a player with a few better qualities, but there are many he has that only come through intelligence and experience, leadership and selflessness that are exceptionally rare in the abundance he has them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thiago, has never shown anything other than average for us..I don't get the hype..
    Now on THAT we can ALL agree All fur coat and no knickers

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If you look at the games and player stats from 20-21 Thiago simply isn't a main player, or reason for that run

On Hendo age and injuries have taken their toll, he has slowed down and we need a replacement for him, when used correctly ie not as a very advanced No10 his know how, game intelligence and positioning that have for so long enabled us to get far more from Mo and Trent remain a huge asset and we still miss him when not in the line up

I'm happy for change and for any player to be replaced, as long as the change is for the better and the player is replaced with better, ie a player who has and can do everything they did at their very best and more, we didn't do that brnging Thiago in for Gini and we won't be able to do that with Hendo in some respects, we will be able to get a player with a few better qualities, but there are many he has that only come through intelligence and experience, leadership and selflessness that are exceptionally rare in the abundance he has them
    So then who was ...Fabinho? Because apart from last seasons superb run with Thiago...somebody was responsible for the best form we have seen since winning the title, despite no Virgil, Matip, Gomez or Henderson..

It's a bit of a problem for you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its not that, he just cant handle the pressing of the opposition. In Germany a lot of teams play 4/4/2 or more attack minded. He gets away with it. because there's only 2 midfielders. In England teams squash the play in the middle.He has less time to react. hence how much he gives away the ball when he passes forward.
    I agree to a point, as in there isn't the room or spaces between midfields and the lines to play as Thiago made a career of in Spain and Germany, he Just doesn't have the type of passing we need

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So then who was ...Fabinho? Because apart from last seasons superb run with Thiago...somebody was responsible for the best form we have seen since winning the title.
    The players in the team who won the League and the Champions League of course, who knew each others games and strengths and weaknesses and how to collectively pull together to get results of course, that much should be obvious to anyone with even a novices understanding of team sport and those things absolute importance to being a top team

The players in the team who won the League and the Champions League of course, who knew each others games and strengths and weaknesses and how to collectively pull together to get results of course, that much should be obvious to anyone with even a novices understanding of team sport and those things absolute importance to being a top team
    Ah and excluding the one who - as mentioned was the only current European Cup winner in 2021...and who has this little lot to his name:

2x Champions League winner ·
    2x FIFA Club World Cup winner ·
    7x German Champion ·
    4x Spanish Champion ·
    2x Spanish Cup winner
    2x Uefa Supercup winner
    4X German cup winner
    3X German Supercup winner
    1X English cup winner
    1X English Supercup winner
    2X European-u21 Champion
    1X European-u17 Champion

Ok.. right you are then

What has what Thiago did in defferent teams, in easier leagues, as a bit part player or back up mostly at Barca playing a different way got to do with our Champions League finalists, Champions League winners and League winners having built up all the experience and understanding of each other and belief as a team they were able to overcome any odds through everything they grew learned and developed together through to become top players and a top team over 4 seasons have to do with my post?

Absolutely nothing

Way to entirely miss the point, that you actually do not understand this at all speaks volumes

Smile

What has what Thiago did in defferent teams, in easier leagues, as a bit part player or back up mostly at Barca playing a different way got to do with our Champions League finalists, Champions League winners and League winners having built up all the experience and understanding of each other and belief as a team they were able to overcome any odds through everything they grew learned and developed together through to become top players and a top team over 4 seasons have to do with my post?

Absolutely nothing

Way to entirely miss the point, that you actually do not understand this at all speaks volumes
    Thats some "bit part" player that gets to win 11 league titles, 2 European cups and countless others in the best sides in Europe.... and just miss out on a quad over here..

Must be some kind of luck that..

Anyone got an app or stream for tonight?
    It's on BT, don't have access to that.

Sorry Tees i have BT