Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Other midweek games 25th April - 27th April

FT Leeds 1-1 Leicester
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Girona 4 Real 0.
    Pretty much hands Barca the title. They can go 14 clear next game.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Girona 4 Real 0.
    Pretty much hands Barca the title. They can go 14 clear next game.
    This Madrid team has to be one of the strangest sides ever. Far from dominant in domestic football but seemingly unbeatable in the cl. I hate the cunts sooo much. I actually prefer city if I ignore the state money situation. Unpopular I know but I fucking hate Madrid soo much.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    This Madrid team has to be one of the strangest sides ever. Far from dominant in domestic football but seemingly unbeatable in the cl. I hate the cunts sooo much. I actually prefer city if I ignore the state money situation. Unpopular I know but I fucking hate Madrid soo much.
    We'd have beaten them at Anfield if we had learned the Gomez lesson and played with a LCM controller so Fab and Bajectic couldn't conspire to let Real run straight through us Modric or play straight through us Valverde, Gomez was the main culprit though so desperately poor for all 5 goals, people try and dress it up differently, it was no Real masterclass we just absolutely gifted them all 5 of their goals

I hate City far more than Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We'd have beaten them at Anfield if we had learned the Gomez lesson and played with a LCM controller so Fab and Bajectic couldn't conspire to let Real run straight through us Modric or play straight through us Valverde, Gomez was the main culprit though so desperately poor for all 5 goals, people try and dress it up differently, it was no Real masterclass we just absolutely gifted them all 5 of their goals

I hate City far more than Madrid
    We could have just went park the bud at 2-1 or even 2-2 and given ourselves some sort of chance. Instead we kamikazeeed ourselves to a hammering.

We could have just went park the bud at 2-1 or even 2-2 and given ourselves some sort of chance. Instead we kamikazeeed ourselves to a hammering.
    Gomez is desperately poor for all 5 goals, Fab and Bajcetic equally as poor combined for 2 of them, I remember kicking off in 2019-20 that Fab came back in without having to earn his spot despite our having played far better in his absence and that Jurgen wasn't getting matip fit for the Champions League and Gomez was a liability

With Jurgen's favourites, he never learns from or accepts they are liabilities, Gomez and Fab have had too many absolute meltdowns and persistent errors, neither should still be here, part of being a top side is, you need to be absolutely ruthless when players demonstrate these things that show that can cost you any game at any given time to disastrous effect

In the days of Shanks, Paisley, Joe and Kenny, if we played as much better as we did in Fab's absence and had the evolution we enjoyed in his absence that a big part of was passing from No6 that fab simply doesn't have, not only does he not get back in, we recognise the evolution and look for another No6/DM with the desired qualities and he's gone in the summer, that's why we were so successful under those managers and Jurgen hasn't won nearly as many trophies as he should have

Gomez is desperately poor for all 5 goals, Fab and Bajcetic equally as poor combined for 2 of them, I remember kicking off in 2019-20 that Fab came back in without having to earn his spot despite our having played far better in his absence and that Jurgen wasn't getting matip fit for the Champions League and Gomez was a liability

With Jurgen's favourites, he never learns from or accepts they are liabilities, Gomez and Fab have had too many absolute meltdowns and persistent errors, neither should still be here, part of being a top side is, you need to be absolutely ruthless when players demonstrate these things that show that can cost you any game at any given time to disastrous effect

In the days of Shanks, Paisley, Joe and Kenny, if we played as much better as we did in Fab's absence and had the evolution we enjoyed in his absence that a big part of was passing from No6 that fab simply doesn't have, not only does he not get back in, we recognise the evolution and look for another No6/DM with the desired qualities and he's gone in the summer, that's why we were so successful under those managers and Jurgen hasn't won nearly as many trophies as he should have
    I agree that those players were poor. We still should have mitigated for it like shite teams do to us over the years. Poor management imho. If you see Gomez is having a mare or we are swamped in midfield you mitigate it with numbers and agression. Just poor on the touchline that night as well as individuals like Gomez and whoever else. Don’t lose the tie at home in 1 leg is all I’m saying. We are no longer a super team that can blast teams away because we’ve dropped levels. Forest score 2 away goals last weekend. We scored 3 set pieces. We are no where near our brilliant best and it runs deep

In second part I tend to agree that we have messed up the evolution. Hard to argue otherwise. But still adapt and conquer is an option. We still had players who can score on counter. No effort made to play realistically when our limitations are apparent.

In second part I tend to agree that we have messed up the evolution. Hard to argue otherwise. But still adapt and conquer is an option. We still had players who can score on counter. No effort made to play realistically when our limitations are apparent.
    I agree, this season we ditched the LCM controller role and the Mo, Trent and Hendo trio that was the source of almost all our creativity last season for no apparent reason or benefit and we suffered massively as a result of both those thing but just kept on with it - We beat the filthy 7-0 playing WITH a LCM controller, and I'm thinking finally the penny has dropped with Jurgen on Fab to the extent that he AT LEAST recognises he has some limitations and can't play alone at DM, then Bournemouth Bajectic comes in at LCM and is asked to play as a second attacking mid

In the 20-21 season we got top four because we recognised the limitations of the only CBs we had and made appropriate adjustments early enough to do exactly what you are saying we should have done this season

The head fuck with the Real game was in the return leg he played Milner as a LCM controller!

I row with Steveo as Jurgen never makes any fuck ups either according to him, the only reason we are in this position is because of their lack of investment, that is part of the reason, but even allowing for injuries we've had, the senior players Jurgen had at his disposal were comfortably good enough to get top four this season and his selections and tactics have been piss poor for too much of it

FT Leeds 1-1 Leicester
    If Everton lose to Newcastle and get a draw let's say against Leicester, they'll still be in the relegation zone - with just four games to go.

They'll be absolutely bricking it if that happens.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay