Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Other midweek games 25th April - 27th April

Henderson v Modric and no Thiago = Carnage

But remember folks. In this instance all 5 goals conceded were Gomez’s fault. Not Thiago’s - this time - Cause he wasn’t on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If Everton lose to Newcastle and get a draw let's say against Leicester, they'll still be in the relegation zone - with just four games to go.

They'll be absolutely bricking it if that happens.
    It’s a sad state of affairs when so many reds are desperate for the toffees to drop. Highlights our own slump a little ai guess but I just don’t get it. You expect the bitters to feel like that about us.

It seems that despite Jurgens best efforts we are sliding as a club.

Who are most supporting for the title. Arsenal or City?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s a sad state of affairs when so many reds are desperate for the toffees to drop. Highlights our own slump a little ai guess but I just don’t get it. You expect the bitters to feel like that about us.

It's due to how the fixture is of late. Every time we play them I am dreading one of ours getting a bad injury - the Van Dijk incident left a nag in the mind.

I'd like to take our chances with those 2 fixtures per year being against a different club.

I'd feel this way if we were finishing 1st or 17th - I just don't want to play them for a bit.

If the search engine in here was better I would dig for a post of mine where I asked if them going down would be BAD for the city in terms of jobs etc but I honestly reckon I could spend 6 hours looking and potentially not find it so won't bother.

Oh yes always dread the injury potential BUT there are not many atmosphere’s quite like a derby game. It’s a spectacle I have enjoyed many times.

Good for the city too.

Who are most supporting for the title. Arsenal or City?
    Difficult to answer.

I'd "rather" Arsenal win it as I don't detest their club as an entity.

But thinking beyond surface level (probably very naively) I kind of want Man City to win it in the (long shot) hope that it will be another fanbase on side against Man City and that they might eventually actually get (properly!!!!) punished for all their financial tinkering over the years.

Think Man City are meant to be expanding their stadium. Can't wait for them to build an area of corporate tickets that are £60,000 a ticket, that are "full" every week and announce how fantabulous they are at generating revenue.

Oh yes always dread the injury potential BUT there are not many atmosphere’s quite like a derby game. It’s a spectacle I have enjoyed many times.

Good for the city too.
    What I'd probably ideally like (beyond the initial short-term of a relegation) is for them to go down for a few years (3-5 say) and rebuild what they're about - become an expansive side, less thuggery and their fans not get absolutely riled up for "big" tackles etc.

I look at them and feel they need a reset and (perhaps?) relegation may actually do them a favour in the long-term as a fanbase.

Saying that, as a club and financial entity, their stadium situation combined with a relegation looks like a recipe for a disaster.

It’s City for me sadly. Don’t want Arsenal getting in on the act. Arteta cutting Klopp’s big title legacy in half would hurt. Plus Arsenal, based in London will again become a more attractive destination than us even with Klopp in situ.

On the BS - I think whichever club is very much second in the city, de facto becomes the thug in any games between the two sides. That’s the dynamic

As ever you chat nonsense. This isn't a new thing.. Most LFC fans have wanted Everton to be relegated for 20/30 years
    Can't stand the way they kick lumps out of our players. The amount of red cards they ave gotten away with in the last 8/9 years have been laughable.The only get away with it. "because they are our rivals"
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It doesn't matter . I wanted Arsenal to win the league any day over Man-city.But looking at the fixtures remaining .. and how Arsenal haven't won in 3. Man-city will easily win the league now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century