Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Spurs

Great win though they made us sweat for it. Our final delivery was excellent in the first half and Alison's made himself big to set up the counter attack and it’s less of a case of squeaky-bum time going into the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Very very lucky. Don’t tell me we don’t need an overhaul of the playing staff.

That was bloody awful from the midfield and defence
    Not just the playing staff in fairness.

Mora just gifted us those three points

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Very very lucky. Don’t tell me we don’t need an overhaul of the playing staff.

That was bloody awful from the midfield and defence
    You have to question Jurgen though.. how hes allowing Trent to play centrally and Konate is forced to play on the right.. We are really empty in the centre back area. Playing Robbo way over from his natural position.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You have to question Jurgen though.. how hes allowing Trent to play centrally and Konate is forced to play on the right.. We are really empty in the centre back area. Playing Robbo way over from his natural position.
    It was unbelievable, Jeff, but we finally got the ball in the onion bag and we’ve mugged ‘em for the three points at the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    yep the damage done first half when we scored 3 and conceded 1 - but not i. th rleast 20 mins when we scores 1 and conceded 2
    We let them back in the game, we never got back to our level of command or superiority thereafter, took our foot right off the gas, strolling around, we could have killed it first half had we kept our foot on the gas

They came back to get a point from 2-0 midweek, what did anything think was going to happen if we took our foot off and let them back in? They were going to think they could do it again, play better, bring on more attacking players, cheating cunt Tierney was going to give them anything he could and he did
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We let them back in the game, we never got back to our level of command or superiority thereafter, took our foot right off the gas, strolling around, we could have killed it first half had we kept our foot on the gas

They came back to get a point from 2-0 midweek, what did anything think was going to happen if we took our foot off and let them back in? They were going to think they could do it again, play better, bring on more attacking players, cheating cunt Tierney was going to give them anything he could and he did
    Automation station scores vs The Lilywhites?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Agree - but we have to be fair, it’s not easy at 3:0.
    so early in any game. Ask Milan. But at home - so early 3:0.v a Spurs side that looked dead and buried… and the crowd go to sleep. bad combo.

Frankly we played like the game was over and that’s how the crowd made it feel.

But the subs didn’t help us at all. at 3:1 we lost all control and our lead.

but for the Slotaaaa we drop 2 points at least.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Automation station scores vs The Lilywhites?
    3 out of 10

Because we only played for 25 minutes, then gave them every incentive and encouragement to get back into it and they duly obliged

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree - but we have to be fair, it’s not easy at 3:0.
    so early in any game. Ask Milan. But at home - so early 3:0.v a Spurs side that looked dead and buried… and the crowd go to sleep. bad combo.

Frankly we played like the game was over and that’s how the crowd made it feel.
    Well ,we do agree on this, to be fair we were both warning about letting them back in for the reasons stated because that's the game, that's how it's going to go if you let a side with the quality Spurs have back in the game on the back of them just having come back from 2-0 down in their last game and having found themselves again