Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Semi-Finals

Yep, haven’t seen it in years, looked pretty spectacular last night on the telly despite being a work in progress. Saw the pundits looking up in awe at times.

Visionary.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th May 2023 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    @eggy81

And indeed any other posters here who have never been to Madrid....
    Make it your business at some stage in your life to visit the beautiful Spanish capital and when there, book yourself a tour of the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and let your jaw hit the floor in utter admiration.....
    The stadium, the dressing room with THE names on the lockers, the trophy room, the nightclub that is the European Trophy & CL room (we were there in 2014 when they had just won La Decima).....
    And have plenty of cash ready for the 3 floors of the gift shop on the way out...

Just do it. No one hated, or was more jealous than I of them back then, but we spent 3 hours in utter awe in that stadium that day in the summer of '14....

If you're a true football fan, just do it.... you owe it to yourself.....

And PS: Madrid isn't even that expensive for a capital city....
    Been to Madrid but not Real's stadium. Fabulous city. Had the best piece of cheesecake I've ever eaten there, fantastic museums. It was the weekend after the terrorist train bombings. I actually wanted to go to the game in the Saturday but my wife ( ex now) had a major whinge about it so didn't end up going.

I've no issue with Madrid as a City at all. I just don't like Real, If I went to Dallas,Texas I wouldn't go to the Cowboys stadium for the same reasons. They're what I don't like about their respective sports, not jealousy but just a genuine dislike around them. I couldn't get excited about something I don't like. I've only been to Old Trafford once and it was for a gig.

Watched a game at Camp Nou and it was twenty years ago, it was decrepit back then so God knows what it's like now. Wouldn't really bother me though as I genuinely like Barca. Their recent exploits have sullied them a bit but I do like them as a club.

Barca are about to embark upon a €1.5 billion redevelopment.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/barc...l?platform=amp

Barca's €1.5bn project will see them transform Camp Nou into a 105,000-seater stadium that they say will be "at the avant-garde of technology."

That’s some Investment. And all they really needed was some more corporate seats..

I see they sought our old wrinkle dick for budgeting advice on that revamp then …

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    @eggy81

And indeed any other posters here who have never been to Madrid....
    Make it your business at some stage in your life to visit the beautiful Spanish capital and when there, book yourself a tour of the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and let your jaw hit the floor in utter admiration.....
    The stadium, the dressing room with THE names on the lockers, the trophy room, the nightclub that is the European Trophy & CL room (we were there in 2014 when they had just won La Decima).....
    And have plenty of cash ready for the 3 floors of the gift shop on the way out...

Just do it. No one hated, or was more jealous than I of them back then, but we spent 3 hours in utter awe in that stadium that day in the summer of '14....

If you're a true football fan, just do it.... you owe it to yourself.....

And PS: Madrid isn't even that expensive for a capital city....
    I’ll definitely do that when or if I’m ever there. Sounds class.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    i see they sought our old wrinkle dick for budgeting advice on that revamp then …
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’ll definitely do that when or if I’m ever there. Sounds class.
    Good man, you won't regret it....

Pissed as a fart, apparently..

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Pissed as a fart, apparently..
    You'd think with the £40m he allegedly received he'd behave himself.