Page 85 of 116 FirstFirst ... 357578798081828384858687888990919295 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

Twas yer ain net spend figures that wur a joke. Ye shawed LFC 'n' City huvin 9th 'n' 6th net spend totals sin 2019. Whin ah pointed oot tae ye that only they 2 teams hae won th' league in that timeframe, ye shat yersel' 'n' changed th' timelines. Then CCTV ripped they figures apart.

You hae na point tae mak' ither than a weird anti-F$G agenda that ye persue at ilka opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We can pretend what you like CC. Because pretending is what you are doing here.

I posted our weak net spend over 5 years.

Then I posted it over 10 years.
    The first was relative to all other clubs in our league and then in comparison with the so called big 6. Both were squarely focussed on our league - the Premier League as this is the league we are in.

You didn’t like it

You brought in Real

Unless I am mistaken Real are not in the the Premier league.

Unless I am mistaken they are a total exception to ANYONE in ANY league ANYWHERE on the planet. And I have even helped you in this understanding by giving you some background reading on the matter.

Real have a long history CC. Unlike some they didn’t start with the birth of Sky Sports. They are NOT the biggest and most successful club on the planet because of prudent spending, They spent and spent and spent more and more and more than anyone for years. They get massive breaks - they still do - they are almost a national emblem and a national treasure.

Suggesting that their 14 European cups and their illustrious history, their world class stadium…which just got €1billion more world class - is down to them being run by the John Henry’est of Henry’s is as ludicrous as it is ridiculous.

Let’s be ‘real’ - you like the numbers when it suits you - and you can “manage” them into a narrative - BUT you can’t argue the case against my assertion that Klopp has performed miracles with the balance of transfers at his disposal. The balance has been decidedly weak for any club starting where we were in 2015 - with that “bang average squad” you remember them, They got spanked by Stoke.

The core point - for those not observing closely IS the 2 timelines. since 2014 - covers Klopp’s entire term here - and the last 5 covers is SINCE winning number 6. The spend is the same. The only outlier is Coutinho’s sale. A point you surely comprehend - as it relates back to what you cite as Real’s brilliant running of the club - with what is in truth their own ability to fleece clubs for players.

The instant Jurgen was able to enjoy a ‘Real Madrid’ like window - look what happened next. Without it - it is extremely doubtful that we win a CL or a title at all..!

Did the owners think - great - so we know what happens when this guy gets some proper wedge? No… they thought - Kerching…..this guy can make miracles. Let him make some more.

..the end…
    I'd moved on past real and onto united. As you insist we cannot be compared to real.

If there are any other clubs you'd like to discuss, fire away.

City & Cfc have outspent real gross since 2000.
    Do you want us to compete with these clubs who are spending far more than the world's most successful club.

We can't be compared to real cause they're unique.
    But we can be compared to clubs who've spent more than Real gross and net by dodgy business dealings and cooked books, in city and cfc. The real football lovers...

Generalisations.
    If you want to find the richest clubs you find high gross spend over time.
    If you want to find well run rich clubs their net spend is lower than rich rivals.

You said
    Let’s be ‘real’ - you like the numbers when it suits you - and you can “manage” them into a narrative - BUT you can’t argue the case against my assertion that Klopp has performed miracles with the balance of transfers at his disposal. The balance has been decidedly weak for any club starting where we were in 2015 - with that “bang average squad” you remember them, They got spanked by Stoke.

The core point - for those not observing closely IS the 2 timelines. since 2014 - covers Klopp’s entire term here - and the last 5 covers is SINCE winning number 6. The spend is the same. The only outlier is Coutinho’s sale. A point you surely comprehend - as it relates back to what you cite as Real’s brilliant running of the club - with what is in truth their own ability to fleece clubs for players.
    I've given you my perspective on analysing clubs performance by figures, along all 3 of your data sets, net spend over last 5 years, net spend since 2014 and gross spend since 2000.
    I've also offered up gross spend under FSG.

Your grievance seems to be you want to see our club have high gross spend and high net-spend. The wanting high net spend is plainly dumb in terms of finances.
    Which clubs, pl only or European wide, do you want us to emulate.
    Big gross spend since 2000 & under FSG and high net spend since 2014 & last 5 years.

I'd be thinking Chelsea, Manu & Barca/Everton are the clubs you wish we were run like since FSG arrived.

I've shown gross spending under fsg, is 1 billion greater than the pre-fsg era post 2000.
    I've shown our gross spend under FSG is greater than real Madrids.
    I've shown real are the only club running better than us.
    Now off you go and prepare your example clubs, high gross and high net spend along these timelines

We should be run like manu, cfc, barca & everton

Please make it happen

Newcastle's owners continue to admire Jose Mourinho at Roma, with the 60-year-old's contract set to expire next summer, although the Serie A side are keen to retain him as their manager. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You said

I've given you my perspective on analysing clubs performance by figures, along all 3 of your data sets, net spend over last 5 years, net spend since 2014 and gross spend since 2000.
    I've also offered up gross spend under FSG.

Your grievance seems to be you want to see our club have high gross spend and high net-spend. The wanting high net spend is plainly dumb in terms of finances.
    Which clubs, pl only or European wide, do you want us to emulate.
    Big gross spend since 2000 & under FSG and high net spend since 2014 & last 5 years.

I'd be thinking Chelsea, Manu & Barca/Everton are the clubs you wish we were run like since FSG arrived.

I've shown gross spending under fsg, is 1 billion greater than the pre-fsg era post 2000.
    I've shown our gross spend under FSG is greater than real Madrids.
    I've shown real are the only club running better than us.
    Now off you go and prepare your example clubs, high gross and high net spend along these timelines

We should be run like manu, cfc, barca & everton
    This is getting desperate.

“We should be run like manu. cfc, barca”…spot the only club that hasn’t won a ton more than us these last 20 years. That’s why this time Everton are thrown in.

CCTV - I don’t know why you cannot accept the simple realities. We have a much lower net spend that anyone would suggest is even close to the level sufficient to take that “bang average squad”and do what Klopp has.

Miracle worker. As I and many others including Gary fooking Neville have stated.

We have done so well in living within our means ONLY because we have the best manager on the planet. A point you conveniently ignore. Citing how well run we are.

Bournemouth are well run - so are Palace or Brentford, so are many many clubs… IF balancing the books is the sport.

I don’t know what’s in your soup but I have not once suggested I wanted a high gross spend - nor ever asked for a hugely high net spend either SIMPLY that Klopp gets backed more than he has been. That his budget is out of proportion with the achievements.

Sorry if it paints uncle John in a less than stellar light - but that’s the way it is -for many of us at least.

See the delight - the passion on his face. And even here while sticking to the company line - defending the owners from what so many see as a handicap - he admits - He is “part of it as well”…

Looks ecstatic don’t he. This must be the most solemnly delivered announcement of “good news” Klopp has ever delivered. This was news that yet another chunk of the club was cashed in on and sold by the owners to lord knows who - to release funds.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th December 2023 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This is getting desperate.

“We should be run like manu. cfc, barca”…spot the only club that hasn’t won a ton more than us these last 20 years. That’s why this time Everton are thrown in.

CCTV - I don’t know why you cannot accept the simple realities. We have a much lower net spend that anyone would suggest is even close to the level sufficient to take that “bang average squad”and do what Klopp has.

Miracle worker. As I and many others including Gary fooking Neville have stated.

We have done so well in living within our means ONLY because we have the best manager on the planet. A point you conveniently ignore. Citing how well run we are.

Bournemouth are well run - so are Palace or Brentford, so are many many clubs… IF balancing the books is the sport.

I don’t know what’s in your soup but I have not once suggested I wanted a high gross spend - nor ever asked for a hugely high net spend either SIMPLY that Klopp gets backed more than he has been. That his budget is out of proportion with the achievements.

Sorry if it paints uncle John in a less than stellar light - but that’s the way it is -for many of us at least.

See the delight - the passion on his face. And even here while sticking to the company line - defending the owners from what so many see as a handicap - he admits - He is “part of it as well”…

Looks ecstatic don’t he. This must be the most solemnly delivered announcement of “good news” Klopp has ever delivered. This was news that yet another chunk of the club was cashed in on and sold by the owners to lord knows who - to release funds.
    You brought up 3 ranges with 2 stats...

1a) net spend over last 5 years, LFC 9th very bad. City 6th.
    1b) you then go back to since 2014 on net spend
    2) you introduced gross spend since 2000 including real yourself as a reply

I said reals net spend is lower than ours, over both periods.
    You say I cannot compare Liverpool FC with Real Madrid.

You then introduced gross spend since 2000 to show reals gross spend since 2000 is so big. Even intimating gross is most important.

Real comparable after all & new top stat

I gave our gross spend since fsg took over and show we've outspent real gross since FSG took over.

Then gross spend cannot be compared with Real Madrid as they are unique.... again, but not in-between 🤔

Having said real were unique and couldn't be compared to wee lickle liverpool, you scrambled and returned with a stat to show why real are successful with low net spend, its the big gross spend difference since 2000 !! United in-between us and real.

But the stat you introduced, gross spend, then compared between us and real, drew little response when presented since fsg took over. #Comparable#NotComparable !!

Surely this can be accepted as a sign of desperation and contradiction. You scrambled against your own argument, to find a comparable stat that showed FSG have outspent Real gross since 2010/11 through to today. Even including real Summer 2010 transfer window - pre-FSG window.

I've proceeded to state that big clubs will have big gross spends. Because they earn the most.
    We've outspent Real gross since FSG took over.

Since FSG took over, we've outspent Bayern since 2000 gross. (Another anomaly i suppose) Klopps gross spend on players is approaching Bayern gross spend since 2000.

We've outspent real on net spend also. I've said lower net-spending clubs are better run clubs. Real the best of the big clubs.

Your frustration began with net spend.

I advised you that you might want to examine the 2 time frames you picked for PL clubs and find which clubs top both lists.

In contrast with real, I suggest you look at Barca since FSG took over.

Then Everton, just hit with a fine, and cause its fun

You seem to be returning to a BEFORE-FSG-ERA again.
    As you did with reals gross spend since 2000.
    Fundamentally, you're moaning and grasping at straws.

You argue its pointless to compare with Real, then try to win an argument with Real that you've said are incomparable. This is contradictory.
    Then not much comment when the comparison with real using the stat you introduced showed FSG better than you'd like.

The very argument you made for real was on gross spend. When FSG have outspent real on gross spend, you do not seem to hold your own argument.

You dislike Americans and JWH.
    ● Yet his puchase/steal of lfc has seen revenues grow, and above the inflation of football. But for last year we likely overtake united on gross revenue this year.
    ● He's only delivered 2 shit expansion phases of Anfield since the 2010/11 takeover & that was after years of nowt afaik with respect to expansion- you want new building.
    ● He's seen LFC almost win 4 PL titles, 3 CL titles a Europa and more of the other lesser titles since 2011
    A period of football where spending exploded thanks to cfc and city in the PL, the 2 biggest spending gross clubs since 2000 in world football as per your linked article.
    ● he's hired Klopp and hasn't fired him, as Klopp would have been at other clubs, like Chelsea especially under Roman...

If you want to source back over 10 years with barca etc fire away, or 20 or since 2000 go ahead. I'm not sure why you're going back that far when your beef is with FSG.
    Maybe break it up pre-FSG and fsg eras.

Oh yes he has done far more for The nations most successful club than Roman did for no mark nobodies Chelsea.

I mean - do you actually know how ridiculous this all is?

Not content with bringing in clubs like Real from others leagues into a comparison of net spends in our league but now trying to suggest that Henry is even in the same galaxy as an owner as Roman was for a club that had 1 league title across its entire history… to its name.

I dunno mate - maybe pick another sport to talk about - this one has you in a spin.

‘Ifs buts and maybe’s’ seems to be a theme you do well. Keeping it REAL…. We have had the best manager on the planet for 7 years and look at the numbers:

From March of this year..

https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/Headline/Top-5-English-clubs-with-most-trophies-won-since-Roman-Abramovich-took-over-at-Chelsea/2783538

That Romano fabrozio guy has us linked with Johan Bakayoko, Belgian winger / forward. Apparently, a bid has been submitted. Anyone know much about him?

Well I hope if he comes he knows where the goal is, we are really struggling to replace Manè’s output and when Salah goes we really will have a gaping hole to fill.

Pure filth…

Seriously though - we do need more potency up top. Have been dragging ourselves to wins v minnows of late. Shot shy v Burnley in United drag…

Still at least Jose thinks we have a good chance. Not sure he has been watching us closely enough but he knows more than most tbf.