Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4585888990919293949596979899100101102 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

I don't need to do anything. You're making all sorts of bizarre claims and spinning quotes to suit your own agenda. You need to back them up. Not me. I'm not going to prove your argument for you. Wise up.

I get that you don't like being called out on it but get used to it. I can only take your stance seriously if you provide some proof to back it up. To date, you have provided absolutely nothing of consequence. Currently you're just peddling a complete myth, whether deliberately or not.

"Our transfers always have to be on point" "a myth" and or something that needs backing up - apparently..?...
    rte should be sued....

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    "Our transfers always have to be on point" "a myth" and or something that needs backing up - apparently..?...
    rte should be sued....
    No, it's this shite that needs to be backed up.

"Our transfers always have to be on point" Means we cannot afford a mistake. Buy a player like Keita or Oxlade and that's it. YOu can't move him on. YOU can't buy another player. YOU HAVE to get it right "always"
    I've challenged that and the best you can do is poor sarcasm.

I have responded to your link from 2016.. How on earth does it carry any merit in 2024? it was 4 years before we won a title and his first summer window as a manager at Liverpool FC..? WTF.. I have used your other link against your position..
    I have responded to yours, given reasons.

The first link shows his position when he signed the other on his recent extension.
    You might want to watch a few videos of Klopp when he arrived and when he signed his extension.
    Then gauge his mood during 2021 when dealing with the media.
    In reality he'd probably have liked to just tell them to fuck off.

If you want to put more faith in Jan 2021, that's your choice. Who do actually credit for the signings made under Klopp.
    Who orchestrated the VVD signing ?

And yes, I was on here rubbishing our media declared position of ward being our no1.
    I also rubbished our media position after offering the apology for Klopp tapping up virgil.
    Said we'd sign both, when the position uttered to media was saying otherwise.
    I've also made a mockery of your summer fears. Guess you know best which media utterances to accept. Which spurious corrections to accept

Klopp only won the PL after 4 years. Only lost the league to the oily mancs in his 3rd year but won the CL.
    I guess your football pundits know better it was a miracle, like it might be a miracle if he finishes above Chelsea
    Lfc fans got giddy for no reason, when your world's greatest manager rocked up at lfc. Then wehn the world's greatest manager repeated his dortmund feats, it was a miracle....

Yep quite a challenge too as in this case we did cut our losses on both keita and Oxlade. Didn't we?

It must surely be a "myth" that both saw out their contracts and took up 2 places that urgently needed filling.

Or.. is that the old parallel universe again...? Which is it..? Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I have responded to yours, given reasons.

The first link shows his position when he signed the other on his recent extension.
    You might want to watch a few videos of Klopp when he arrived and when he signed his extension.
    Then gauge his mood during 2021 when dealing with the media.
    In reality he'd probably have liked to just tell them to fuck off.

If you want to put more faith in Jan 2021, that's your choice. Who do actually credit for the signings made under Klopp.
    Who orchestrated the VVD signing ?

And yes, I was on here rubbishing our media declared position of ward being our no1.
    I also rubbished our media position after offering the apology for Klopp tapping up virgil.
    Said we'd sign both, when the position uttered to media was saying otherwise.
    I've also made a mockery of your summer fears. Guess you know best which media utterances to accept. Which spurious corrections to accept

Klopp only won the PL after 4 years. Only lost the league to the oily mancs in his 3rd year but won the CL.
    I guess your football pundits know better it was a miracle, like it might be a miracle if he finishes above Chelsea
    Lfc fans got giddy for no reason, when your world's greatest manager rocked up at lfc. Then wehn the world's greatest manager repeated his dortmund feats, it was a miracle....
    what about this ?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/08/jurgen-klopp-admits-he-would-like-to-risk-a-bit-more-in-the-transfer-market/

From August 2022? Just narowly missed out on a quad..

Jurgen Klopp admits he would like to “risk a bit more” in the transfer market

Jurgen Klopp has admitted he would be eager to “risk a bit more” in Liverpool’s transfer dealings as questions continued to be put to the manager regarding the club’s plans before the deadline.

“I realise it was always like this. Is it always easy? No. Do we discuss these kinds of things in public? Of course not! Why would we?

“And we won’t start now with it.

“Let me say it like this; from time to time I would be ready to risk a bit more. But, how I said, I don’t decide that. It’s fine.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th January 2024 at 09:17 PM.

Yep quite a challenge too as in this case we did cut our losses on both keita and Oxlade. Didn't we?

It must surely be a "myth" that both saw out their contracts and took up 2 places that urgently needed filling.

Or.. is that the old parallel universe again...? Which is it..? Hmm
    I doubt clubs were queuing up to buy them. Maybe we could have offloaded for a pittance, maybe not. Maybe Klopp was more focused on replacing Mane and Firmino. That seems to be how he likes to operate. Fix one area of the pitch at a time. Quite sensible if you ask me.

None of which equates to FSG BAD obviously, so you have to put a spin on the narrative.
    Last edited by JockStrap; 7th January 2024 at 09:24 PM.

What's your issue with our signings being on point ?

what about this ?

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/08/jurgen-klopp-admits-he-would-like-to-risk-a-bit-more-in-the-transfer-market/

From August 2022? Just narowly missed out on a quad..

Jurgen Klopp admits he would like to “risk a bit more” in the transfer market

Jurgen Klopp has admitted he would be eager to “risk a bit more” in Liverpool’s transfer dealings as questions continued to be put to the manager regarding the club’s plans before the deadline.

“I realise it was always like this. Is it always easy? No. Do we discuss these kinds of things in public? Of course not! Why would we?

“And we won’t start now with it.

“Let me say it like this; from time to time I would be ready to risk a bit more. But, how I said, I don’t decide that. It’s fine.
    I guess this is the relevant quote that you see as the smoking gun

“Let me say it like this; from time to time I would be ready to risk a bit more. But, how I said, I don’t decide that. It’s fine. "

Where does Klopp say in that article that he doesn't get to take risks now and again?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What's your issue with our signings being on point ?
    Too late. He won't answer that, or the other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Why is the desire to have our transfers be on point a bad thing? That should be the objective of every club.

And why is this not just common sense to you "We cannot make four transfers before we know who will leave the club."? Four new signings would necessitate other players leaving.

What is your objection to pure common sense?