Thread: U21’s

U21’s

Well done Jones and Elliott.

I know it’s only U21’s but Jones has been excellent this tournament

Won it without conceding

Curtis got motm awards for both semi and final .
    Brilliant to see young lads excelling hopefully he'll kick on with us this season.
    There's definitely a player there.

It's mad to think that if Curtis was at another club and suddenly was linked with a £50m move to us after that Tournament that plenty of Reds would be clamouring for it.

Yet he is often largely taken for granted - admittedly his stop-start injury record being a factor.

I watched a little bit of the game.
    Hoofball from England.
    Anthony Gordon diving every time he lost the ball.
    It wasn't a good watch.
    Good for Curtis Jones. His confidence will be getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I watched a little bit of the game.
    Hoofball from England.
    Anthony Gordon diving every time he lost the ball.
    It wasn't a good watch.
    Good for Curtis Jones. His confidence will be getting better and better.
    I watched some of it, as well.
    Spain had far more possession, something like 59% I believe. Gordon diving yes. Only time England looked dangerous was set pieces. Curtis Jones scored the England goal (unknowingly).
    Fair does he played well.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I watched some of it, as well.
    Spain had far more possession, something like 59% I believe. Gordon diving yes. Only time England looked dangerous was set pieces. Curtis Jones scored the England goal (unknowingly).
    Fair does he played well.
    Did you not see the first half? England were through on spain at least 3 times but for poor finishing or decision making it would have been game over at half time.

As for the diving, Spain were atrocious in the first half so it doesn’t surprise me the England lads were doing it in the 2nd half. Ref giving everything for the slightest bit of contact.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Did you not see the first half? England were through on spain at least 3 times but for poor finishing or decision making it would have been game over at half time.

As for the diving, Spain were atrocious in the first half so it doesn’t surprise me the England lads were doing it in the 2nd half. Ref giving everything for the slightest bit of contact.
    No, missed the first half.
    Did I miss the best of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post

All England players dive all the time, men, women U21's and it's fucking embarrassing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Roma v Seville was like an Olympics. Puts general every day diving into context when you see real experts go at it for 90 minutes