Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Next seasons predictions

Quitting trying to compare pineapples with tomatoes in using stats to misconstrue things helps

Example: The purpose of counter pressing to win the ball back high is to score goals from doing that, without being supported by number of times scored or big chances created immediately after winning the ball high the stats are meaningless

Breaking it down to only immediately winning it high is also misleading, as their were many times 18-20 when we scored crucial goals winning it high, but not as quickly, but through a higher overall quality of press and counter press stopping the opposition playing out, forcing them to go back again through positions around half way and THEN nicking it high
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Quitting trying to compare pineapples with tomatoes in using stats to misconstrue things helps

Example: The purpose of counter pressing to win the ball back high is to score goals from doing that, without being supported by number of times scored or big chances created immediately after winning the ball high the stats are meaningless

Breaking it down to only immediately winning it high is also misleading, as their were many times 18-20 when we scored crucial goals winning it high, but not as quickly, but through a higher overall quality of press and counter press stopping the opposition playing out, forcing them to go back again through positions around half way and THEN nicking it high
    Automation station predictions for this season, puhlease?

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Automation station predictions for this season, puhlease?
    Hard to see how we can have much automation immediately with a whole new midfield. But other teams do it so maybe.

It’s possible off course can happen.

I wouldn’t take the question too seriously though - one minute he is trying to sound like Hamish McTavish, the next like a Moll from Massachusetts..

Seems to have his head stuck somewhere in the mid Atlantic. Another shill like Taksin?

Seeing as the season is still in its infancy, would anyone like to take these teams and list them in terms of those which will finish above (or below) us in the end? It's only guesswork and there are no stakes/wagers so don't stress on it

Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Man United
    Tottenham

I foresee Man City and Arsenal finishing above us again but I think we are in with a reasonable enough shout at 3rd spot aka finishing above the rest of the listed sides.

Could be wrong of course.

Scoring won't be a problem.
    Conceding will be.

Losing 5 midfielders has made it go from one extreme to another.
    You don't build a league title challenge like that.
    Midfield needed an addition or 2 each year for 3 years.
    The club will then try to sell us "new contract signed" blabla.

Mac Allister and Szobozsai need to have a huge season and injury free.
    Jones, Elliot, Morton ? , Clark the rest of our Midfield.
    Game 2 of the season.
    This is really amateur preparation for this season.
    Missing out on Tchouameni Bellingham Caicedo Lavia is getting embarrassing.

Prediction Fifth or 6th , above that would be a surprise.
    Man c, Arsenal, Newcastle, are ahead.

Man u v Liverpool for 4th.

Villa Spurs won't finish top 4.

Newcastle - knew I missed a side in my list - will make the appropriate edit later.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Newcastle, are ahead.

Man u v Liverpool for 4th.
    I can't quite see it with Newcastle, personally.

They finished just 4 points ahead of us last season in what was a good season for them and a poor season for us, with us having slightly refreshed (midfield particularly) and they're going to have to deal with Champion's League football which I suspect will mean some "European hangovers" ahead, whereas we have recent experience of European campaigns.

I'd be surprised and very disappointed if they finished higher than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I can't quite see it with Newcastle, personally.

They finished just 4 points ahead of us last season in what was a good season for them and a poor season for us, with us having slightly refreshed (midfield particularly) and they're going to have to deal with Champion's League football which I suspect will mean some "European hangovers" ahead, whereas we have recent experience of European campaigns.

I'd be surprised and very disappointed if they finished higher than us.
    I can brilliant midfield, the back 4 in a few years will be great with the prospects if they work out and botman is bossman

Isak is one of the best strikers in the prem

City will come 1st, arsenal don't have a world class striker, that's the difference, they don't have Haaland, I think liverpools attack is better than arsenal, just not the rest of the team apart from goalkeeper

with this midfield it's going to take 10 games to gel probably.... I think it was clear v chelsea they've not played together

in fact, I don't see how newcastles back 4 is worse than ours currently now, crazy to say that but that's the decline/age

we have the best attackers (well options with no haaland and isak) and goalie in the league rest of the team.... probably about 5th-8th
    Last edited by Kev0909; 18th August 2023 at 02:15 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s possible off course can happen.

I wouldn’t take the question too seriously though - one minute he is trying to sound like Hamish McTavish, the next like a Moll from Massachusetts..

Seems to have his head stuck somewhere in the mid Atlantic. Another shill like Taksin?
    Keep playing fantasy fitba in yer heid wee laddie.