Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First game of the season

First game of the season

So how are we lining up so What's your thoughts ?
    Even if we get someone in tomorrow I doubt he'll be in the starting line up at Stamford Bridge.

Jones at CDM I guess

think we'll do ok, chelsea have had a lot of changes (again) so in the same boat.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Bad feeling, we’re not anywhere near ready, we have been a collective defensive shambles and Chelsea will be well up for it, new season, new manager.

Be delighted with a point

Jones at 6
    Jota, Gakpo and Salah up front,
    I think we will win.

Our midfield line-up cannot be predicted IMO, we should go for McAllister and the Hungarian signing as long as they're not injured.
    Other than that I dread Elliott being picked on a regular basis. Jones has improved, Bajetic is a work in progress. What else do we have? Zilch at the moment. There's talk of another midfielder being brought in, but we're running out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Jones at 6
    Jota, Gakpo and Salah up front,
    I think we will win.
    I think the same myself. Though it's the defense that's the worry. Miller (who sounds very like my Auld fella) is worried about the defense in preseason. We're very open down our right hand side with Trent playing in midfield.
    I think it will be the old tried and tested 4-3-3

Even if we bring in another DM or CB they won’t be match ready for 2 or 3 week’s min.

Scandalous going into a new season as unprepared as we are. An injury to Dom or Alexis and we are fucked.

I’m going for a 2-2.

Going to Preston on Monday to watch us in the flesh and the first thing I want to see is a clean sheet. I want to see us with some defensive shape and don’t want to see them through on goal time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Going to Preston on Monday to watch us in the flesh and the first thing I want to see is a clean sheet. I want to see us with some defensive shape and don’t want to see them through on goal time after time.
    Good man. Hopefully 19x will be there, as its not far from him. Thiago better have his bodyguards with him if that's the case 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    So how are we lining up so What's your thoughts ?
    Even if we get someone in tomorrow I doubt he'll be in the starting line up at Stamford Bridge.
    I'm worried. Squad is not good enough for me and looks disjointed. I'm getting a 2014/15 feeling and it's not a good one.
    Chelsea are similar, lacking top quality. It's never an easy fixture so a point would be ok. A win would be superb..