Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Klopp Wanted Out.

Like when Rafa grew a goatee and we didn't win any more trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I blame the lack of Glasses for last season.
    Bring back the specs, Jurgen 🤣🤣
    This falls in realm of ‘speculation’. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    we didn't lose 5 midfielders though + firmino

6 out 2 in....

you're forgetting gakpo too last season..... the only real out was mane, i guess origi can be included
    Just for clarity, I didn't forget gakpo 😁😁
    I was looking at last summer only 👍.

True we have lost more this year. But even last summer was underwhelming. We needed a new STARTING midfielder last summer and it never arrived. We need way more investment than is possible under these owners for the required rebuild.

FSG - fecking skinflints. G & H anyone?

Like this? (Also posted on the transfer thread)

🌕❗️
    @FabrizioRomano
    via
    @bornnredlfc
    : The Khephren Thuram deal fell through because Liverpool viewed the transfer as too expensive. The price tag and the player’s wages.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Like this? (Also posted on the transfer thread)

🌕❗️
    @FabrizioRomano
    via
    @bornnredlfc
    : The Khephren Thuram deal fell through because Liverpool viewed the transfer as too expensive. The price tag and the player’s wages.
    Every.

Single.

Time.

Not demanding we strengthen after 18-19 and 19-20 is what gave the owners the idea what they're doing is a working 'moneyball' model for football

Keeping on the likes of Fabinho, Oxlade, Keita, Origi, Gomez, giving them whopping pay rises when mostly injured in some cases, effectively pricing them out of moves because of their wages and injury record was fucking stupid to

FSG are shitehawks, but not moving players on when we were better without them and it was time to and we could significantly upgrade on them and likely make a tidy profit in the process selling the likes of Fab and Origi while their stock was still high

To stay at the top you can't have Jurgen's overly sentimental approach, pipe dreams (Thiago) and blind spots through favouritism, Gomez, Oxlade, Keita, Fab, Elliott, Thiago, sell Fab summer of 2020 we'd have been able to get a top DM in and another CB
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The above sentiment is 100% correct, with some glaring issues.

Fabinho was our best mid from the minute he arrived - and Thiago, despite repeated injury - took that mantle.

Everything mentioned needed to happen and it was obvious. summer 2019 was a hugely missed opportunity. Standing still and paying bills was always going to create a problem down the line. Then again in summer 2020… Bare minimum despite the previous summers inaction.

Crash…. Squad makes a lung busting last hurrah and almost takes the lot…. Second crash in 3 years.

Those are the facts and that is the reality,

In short - we needed a couple of players of that calibre brought in - in summer 2019 and again summer 2020 and the squad doesn’t break.

Didn’t happen despite the achievement. The prize for success was ZERO. And success ONLY arrived on the back of Coutinho’s fee.

And a small factor as well was City bought fantastic players.