Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liverpool v Darmstadt 98 – TV and Live Stream Info

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    If a team this average(Darmstadt) can expose our defensive setup seems obvious we're in for a few bangings this season,hope I'm wrong but I doubt it...
    I think you're right actually and have felt similar for a while.

In the earlier Klopp days we would have these manic kind of performances where we could go absolutely bananas for 20 minutes and blow sides away, but also could get the odd thumping.

I half-expect that this season. A random 4-4 here and there, decimating a side with 3 goals in 15 minutes in a first half, losing 4-0 or something depressing to Arsenal or Man City and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think you're right actually and have felt similar for a while.

In the earlier Klopp days we would have these manic kind of performances where we could go absolutely bananas for 20 minutes and blow sides away, but also could get the odd thumping.

I half-expect that this season. A random 4-4 here and there, decimating a side with 3 goals in 15 minutes in a first half, losing 4-0 or something depressing to Arsenal or Man City and so on.
    Well playing with 6 forwards will have that kind of outcome...

Fuck knows what the owner's or even Klopp's plan is.. . Cos at the moment there doesn't appear to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Well playing with 6 forwards will have that kind of outcome...

Fuck knows what the owner's or even Klopp's plan is.. . Cos at the moment there doesn't appear to be one.
    There isn't one, Jurgen bungled the evolution completely, trying to be more like City and go designated playmaker was a fucking shit idea, as i said immediately on both, then he tried to double down, so we got last season, until Thiago got injured, then for me it was either he lost the thread entirely or didn't want to revert to what had worked before his changes as it would be admitting he fucked up

Saudi, Newcastle, FSG or whatever, you don't lose players and staff who've been that integral in some cases if they're fully on board and as behind the manager and his ideas as they were in his first 5 seasons, it just wouldn't have happened
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Still do not get not going for Ndicka with this set up, it is crying out for a player who is comfortable at LCB and LB when we are playing the Trent tweak

Not playing 433 and using the Trent tweak in periods of games rather than constant and recruiting solely for the Trent tweak are further Klopp fuck ups, we should have ensured we got a new actual DM in before buying a second new attacking mid
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

A good game.

Hmmm

Pre season friendly, which we completely coasted through for 90 minutes while our well organised, motivated opponents thoroughly enjoyed their evening in the sunshine, in front of a packed house and backed by an impressive group of vociferous fans.

Two worries for me, Szoboszlai is still very much trying to understand his role and settle in. MacAllister has played in the Premier League and looks far more settled though both of them take too many touches at this stage, particularly Szoboszlai, with the latter trying too hard to show how good he is.
    I’m sure he will come good but I worry for our early season in the middle, it’s nowhere near ready.

The other obvious concern is how easy it is to play through our back line, two German second division teams got through on goal way too easily way too many times.

It’s a worry, I’m sure we’ll score plenty but there won’t be many clean sheets, if any.