Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This summer.... midfield crisis.. next summer CB crisis.....?

This summer.... midfield crisis.. next summer CB crisis.....?

VVD getting on a bit more injury prone and won't get back to his best 100% I don't think.
    Konate.... good.. also gets his fair amount of injury's.... lacks concentration sometimes.... passing is a bit off.
    Matip...... great servant, on the decline like VVD... injury prone..
    Gomez..... well not good enough.

We're going to end up needing 2 cb's next summer, as well as a replacement for salah probably....

I don't know why we don't bring a player in now instead of waiting.... for another midfield fiasco...

I think we'll be seeing more of Gomez this season..

It's not even just the CB position, it's across the backline, there's little depth there
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th August 2023 at 06:55 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Nat Phillips says hello.

Pity all these young centre backs - Hoever, Sepp van den Berg, Rhys Williams, et al don't seem to make it.

But yeah, I'd like us to sign a new centre back now, otherwise we need two next summer, and get fleeced.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Nat Phillips says hello.

Pity all these young centre backs - Hoever, Sepp van den Berg, Rhys Williams, et al don't seem to make it.

But yeah, I'd like us to sign a new centre back now, otherwise we need two next summer, and get fleeced.
    Nat phillips...... that'll be fine he can replace VVD title winners here we come

Phillips and gomez perfect cb pairing I think we'll have another mini-rebuild next summer, with Salah going too.

think this Endo can play at CB so if we got another DM too, good squad option for a few years.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th August 2023 at 07:24 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

The guy from Sporting who we have been limited with Goncalo Ignacio has signed a new deal with a 60m buy out clause.
    I'd like to sign him just because of his name, superb moniker.

Should have signed Ncicka
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Should have signed Ncicka
    Give your head a fucking shake your brain is STUCK in repeat mode.

Club in a mess on and off.

Defence and midfield

Unless they think that you can win with kids

Quansah Bradley Ramsay Clark Morton Bajcetic Doak Musialowski Cannonier Frauendorf Koumas Figueroa...

We’re in some trouble when salah goes or declines. Seriously in massive trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We’re in some trouble when salah goes or declines. Seriously in massive trouble.
    It's fair to be concerned about it, but we don't yet know whether Gakpo and Núñez will continue to improve, how Jota might handle the pressure of becoming our most senior attacker and how Diaz will fare as he adjusts to a new-look attack - nor indeed whether or not we might find another gem that the market largely ignores - we had relatively free runs at the acquisition of Suarez and of Salah for example.

Plus a youngster like Doak may yet surprise us - and if goals do become an issue, the rest of the team will just have to step up and get better at conceding less.