Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Game Week 2 18/08-21/08

To be fair they could have won a title in an average year and that would still stand …

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Everton look like a relegation team
    They often do - then others somehow conspire to be even worse.

Doesn't look to be a side with many goals in it.

All in all, it was a great weekend for us, other things considered.

Aside from our win to open up our homestand, the Shites not only lost but were thrashed, sending them to the bottom of the league where they should hopefully find themselves at the end of the season.
    The Plastics likewise were brought crashing back down to Earth after all their bragging about beating us to two of our signing targets - with their prize capture and record buy being responsible for the penalty that sealed the victory for the Hammers.

The Scum also lost,.....that's always a great time.
    And while City won their game, it was at the expense of the Barcodes whom I'm targeting to get back our top four place.
    A little dash of reality for that lot never hurts.
    Hopefully the grind of competing in both the Champions' League and the League takes its toll on their performances this season enough for us to benefit.

The main negative no doubt, was Macca's red card, but hopefully the club appeals it and cooler heads prevail in getting his suspension revoked.
    Even the opposition manager thought it was ridiculous that it was a red card, so the League should see sense in this one,.....hopefully.

I'm a little more optimistic about this season after this second round of games after the laughable transfer window performance of the club.
    I hope they still bring in one or two more players before the window closes - ideally a defender and that other midfielder.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

David Coote really is another one of several shit referees in this league. So wildly inconsistent.