Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Week 4 : 01/09-04/09

Villa are no mugs so I am taking nothing for granted, but the prospect of being 6/7 points ahead of Chelsea/Newcastle at this early stage is certainly nice.

Counts for very little as the opening 10 games of a season throw up inconsistencies and we'll have a daft loss somewhere, but even so - a head start of any sort on rivals for the Champion's League positions would be welcome.

I see the £115m man was at fault for another goal against Chelsea, some effort for a DM after a game and a half

Maybe change his name to Concedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Villa are no mugs so I am taking nothing for granted, but the prospect of being 6/7 points ahead of Chelsea/Newcastle at this early stage is certainly nice.

Counts for very little as the opening 10 games of a season throw up inconsistencies and we'll have a daft loss somewhere, but even so - a head start of any sort on rivals for the Champion's League positions would be welcome.
    I still think we are looking at a possible top 6 finish and that is if the new additions gel in a timely fashion.....as we have totally revamped our midfield.

Just seen the city goal was wasn't give as off side. That's a disgrace ,at what point do players must walk off the pitch on protest at these ridiculous decisions ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Just seen the city goal was wasn't give as off side. That's a disgrace ,at what point do players must walk off the pitch on protest at these ridiculous decisions ?
    Good point.
    Match officials generally are fucking up so many decisions I can't believe BBC/SKY haven't picked up on it and questioned the integrity of PGMOL.
    "Bringing the game into disrepute " is a charge that could be levelled against match officials.

It’s more the fact that these fuck ups are always in favour of the same clubs or to the detriment of the same club (us)

Premier
    Greater
    Manchester
    Officiating
    Legislature

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Even Haaland himself straight up said it was offside, and that it should have been disallowed.

That he too would be upset if they had allowed such a goal against them.

And it clearly changed the tenor of the game after that.
    Before that it was a roughly even game, and suddenly a goal like that is allowed just before the break and you see all of their players' heads go down and they clearly didn't recover coming back from the half-time break and City just run over them after that.

I'm sure they'll get a (useless) apology from the league or the PGMOL behind closed doors.
    Whatever good that will do.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I see the £115m man was at fault for another goal against Chelsea, some effort for a DM after a game and a half

Maybe change his name to Concedo.
    His move to his dream club isnt working out the way he had envisioned.

The Plastics fans have started to turn on him, and he always seems so hesitant on the ball like he's afraid he's going to misplay a pass or give away the ball.

Also, any sighting on his fellow transfer window buddy, Flavia?
    Everyone told him he was going to ride the bench if he went to Chelsea since competition for places in his position was too tight.

I see him going out on loan in the January window.
    Some move, that.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I watched the incident of the man-city goal live, it was 1-1 and it came moments after Fulham missed a great chance to play someone in. I didnt bother watching the second half.. I knew Fulham would fall to pieces
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century