Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jarell Quansah

Jarell Quansah

Has something to him, doesn't he?

EARLY, early days of course and we shouldn't get any ideas about over-hyping him, particularly given how difficult it is for centre-backs to "make it" - but there are good signs.

It's so impressive to be coming into the first-team and looking good as a centre back. Forwards and midfielders can come into a side and a good touch or flick or pass out of trouble can make them look good despite not having done much, but centre-backs have to come in and do a job or they get bombed out fast - just as with young goalies, there's nowhere to hide.

Fingers crossed. Looks calm, looks to have some authority about him despite 20 years of age basically being a toddler for centre-backs.

Keep easing him into this side gradually, don't rush his development and he has every chance.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

He looks a terrific prospect, he appears to read the game very well. you cant really teach that. it as to come natural.
    Reminds me of VVD is that sense..I would say hes one for the future but the future is now and hes started of very good
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Both he and Doak could save the club a fortune in the next few years.

Agree with Justme, he definitely has a VvD vibe to him. Would be nice to have a centre back that's come through the ranks that ends up being a mainstay. It's been a very long time since that happened.
    Early days obviously but he certainly looks like he's in the right track.

Think he has more chance than Doak.

at that age, CB is a very hard position if not the hardest so the fact he's doing good is incredible.

I don't hype up young attackers anymore, there's been to many that looked amazing and ended up going nowhere.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Such a cool head for a young man coming into the Liverpool first team.

Particularly when you consider where he plays when one slip, one lapse of concentration and disaster …

my only minor concern is that, on one or two occasions last night, he could have done with a bit more pace.
    other than that, excellent game.

Klopp on Quansah - "We got asked a lot about signing a new centre-half and we were obviously thinking about that as well, it's not that we ignore potential issues. But when we saw him, it was clear that we will not go for it, that we had our own solution."

Imagine the confidence he will take from hearing that. Hopefully he continues his progression, as his potential is enormous.

In terms of performance, if we had paid £40m or so for Quansah and he was playing like he did today, I think I'd be content enough.

Bit ridiculous that we are bringing young lads through that are this good and he can obviously continue to get better.

I thought he looked a bit shaky the first twenty five today but was good after.
    It'll be a shame if a new CB coming in holds back his development.