Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jarell Quansah

Not easy for the lad having to cover centre back and full back when Bradley went forward. but hes done marvellous so far
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I thought he looked a bit shaky the first twenty five today but was good after.
    It'll be a shame if a new CB coming in holds back his development.
    Indeed - he needs games.

I do think we can warrant a new centre-back and still give him chances though.

Van Dijk shouldn't play almost every match next season if we want to prolong his career, Konate tends to pick up injuries, Gomez seems to be becoming a "defensive Milner" every-man who can fill in where required and Matip's probably not getting an extension.

We still have Van den Berg too on the books who should get a chance. Also the next Manager could very well prefer a back-three set-up which could change how we perceive our defensive needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed - he needs games.

I do think we can warrant a new centre-back and still give him chances though.

Van Dijk shouldn't play almost every match next season if we want to prolong his career, Konate tends to pick up injuries, Gomez seems to be becoming a "defensive Milner" every-man who can fill in where required and Matip's probably not getting an extension.

We still have Van den Berg too on the books who should get a chance. Also the next Manager could very well prefer a back-three set-up which could change how we perceive our defensive needs.
    Aye I think there's definitely an argument for bringing one in,I think we do need one when taking your points into consideration.
    Next season you'd hope Virgil won't be playing FA and league cup games. There's more CL games to play too I think which is something to think about. Keep him for CL and Prem only.
    If Amorim gets the job he may try and bring the young lad Ignacio with him.

He improved a lot second half aided by our tactical tweaks

Gomez is looking a very good option at LB & RB now I thought he was our second best player today