Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Everton

Yes Harvey had a very good cameo when he came on, not good enough to start but he does have a habit of doing well when coming on

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Have you seen Trent 🤔
    Agreed, Trent does have his moments when he looks overly casual, lacking in concentration and far too nonchalant at times, but are you seriously comparing Tsimikas to Trent ?

At least Trent offers devastating delivery, potential goals and an incredible passing range, were as I genuinely don't see Tsimikas as anywhere near good enough as a defender let alone can be considered near as good enough as a marauding left back, a lá Robertson…

Klopp did give him a big hug in the first half because he could see that he was really struggling confidence wise… tbh at times he looked like he couldn't trap a bloody pillow….

Diaz's activity leads to Young's second yellow and we get the pen from his pass across the box I believe.

Jota was quite busy carrying the ball - often has matches where he is largely poor but then scores - opposite from him today - largely good, but no goal.

Salah largely not on it but gets the goals. Also a great defensive moment running back to gather the ball in the centre of the pitch about 84 minutes in.

Win, clean sheet and no injuries despite playing pretty poorly? Absolutely taking that.

Hope one or two of the other fixtures in the League go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Can't wait for the media to highlight Konate not getting sent off (he probably should have done to be fair) and say the decisions "balance themselves out" despite all the stuff we have faced this season.
    This is where I feel the football world makes it a nightmare for refs to ref. Though English refs are sub standard. This is also starting to creep into rugby. Rugby players are even starting to dive milk penalties etc.

Ashley Young made a rash decision and a bad tackle for his second. So because one player got 2 yellows automatically the opposition should be punished the same way though the tackles are different the scenarios etc. If in isolation is Konates supposed second yellow card a yellow card if he was not on a yellow or no one else from Everton was on a yellow or red?Would Dyche have lost his marbles. No there wouldn't have been even a whisper. Youngs tackle on Diaz is a clear yellow. I am not saying it from a red bias.

Managers and supporters moan one match and then say no comment if it benefits them. So I wouldn't have had a problem if Konate got a second yellow. But also feel that the ref should be allowed to ref and interpret. That is why refs must be micd up so we can hear his thought process. Young was rash so now every players deserves a second on their next tackle. Every incident is now over scrutinized in football.

Same with the penalty. It is clear as day but you suspect Dyche and all Everonians and people who hate Liverpool will say proximity etc. But the time it is to their appeal then it is a clear penalty. So ja that is my long 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Diaz's activity leads to Young's second yellow and we get the pen from his pass across the box I believe.

Jota was quite busy carrying the ball - often has matches where he is largely poor but then scores - opposite from him today - largely good, but no goal.

Salah largely not on it but gets the goals. Also a great defensive moment running back to gather the ball in the centre of the pitch about 84 minutes in.

Win, clean sheet and no injuries despite playing pretty poorly? Absolutely taking that.

Hope one or two of the other fixtures in the League go our way.
    Salah was terrible. His mind seemed motivated right don't know. Diaz was poor as well. Jota was average. Grav started well but faded. Thought Van Dijk was excellent. Elliot good cameo again, Nunez as well. Overall we were 5/10, Everton is one of thr wrestling teams in this league, managed by one of the worst managers. Ancient football.

Gravenbach looks a player. Macalister dangerous passing in the attacking half. If Klopp is going to play him there let us give him time. He didn't have a bad game. Sz8 such a worker.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Agreed, Trent does have his moments when he looks overly casual, lacking in concentration and far too nonchalant at times, but are you seriously comparing Tsimikas to Trent ?

At least Trent offers devastating delivery, potential goals and an incredible passing range, were as I genuinely don't see Tsimikas as anywhere near good enough as a defender let alone can be considered near as good enough as a marauding left back, a lá Robertson…

Klopp did give him a big hug in the first half because he could see that he was really struggling confidence wise… tbh at times he looked like he couldn't trap a bloody pillow….
    They're both terrible defenders.

Stop trying to use the cover of ".....he's great going forward" to paper over that fact that Trent is awful at what's supposed to be his natural position.

At least Tsimika's excuse might be that he's the backup or cover for Robertson and as a result of that and not getting a lot of playing time, he's never been able to fully develop as a good defender.

Trent's been a starter almost his entire career with us and if anything his defensive skills (if we can even call them that) have massively regressed, - laughably and massively so - and the extent to which people are constantly making excuses for him this late into his career is embarrassing and isn't helping him in anyway.

Things like saying he ".....has his moments" as if those are just occassional moments of lapses in performance few and far between massively underplays how terrible he is - especially when he plays against fast and skilled wingers like Brighton's Mitoma or in games against managers who know to concentrate all their attacks down his flank.

I mean, he had to be substituted in the game against Brighton (playing against that same Mitoma who constantly skins him alive every time we play them) for Gomez, who's no great defender himself, because that's just how much Klopp considers him a big risk to cost us points (and that's one of his biggest defenders in Klopp we're talking about)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Was a bit of a grim watch but won’t complain that the reffing actually went our way finally this season. The pen was legit, Young’s second yellow wasn’t anything beyond a common foul though for me.Mo was bad until the last 20 mins when he just wore defenders out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    They're both terrible defenders.

Stop trying to use the cover of ".....he's great going forward" to paper over that fact that Trent is awful at what's supposed to be his natural position.

At least Tsimika's excuse might be that he's the backup or cover for Robertson and as a result of that and not getting a lot of playing time, he's never been able to fully develop as a good defender.

Trent's been a starter almost his entire career with us and if anything his defensive skills (if we can even call them that) have massively regressed, - laughably and massively so - and the extent to which people are constantly making excuses for him this late into his career is embarrassing and isn't helping him in anyway.

Things like saying he ".....has his moments" as if those are just occassional moments of lapses in performance few and far between massively underplays how terrible he is - especially when he plays against fast and skilled wingers like Brighton's Mitoma or in games against managers who know to concentrate all their attacks down his flank.

I mean, he had to be substituted in the game against Brighton (playing against that same Mitoma who constantly skins him alive every time we play them) for Gomez, who's no great defender himself, because that's just how much Klopp considers him a big risk to cost us points (and that's one of his biggest defenders in Klopp we're talking about)
    Papering over the cracks……!!!! , at no point did I defend Trent’s defensive capabilities, I agree they are both very poor defenders, and I also agree Trent has regressed defensively, but tbf I was just replying to the specific post comparing Trent to Tsimikas …IMHO you simply cannot compare the two, because at least Trent does consistently “ make things happen “ going forward…and this has been integral to much of our past success…Tsimikas has had numerous chances to stake a claim, but unlike Robertson when he was afforded a similar chance back in the day, Tsimikas has IMHO never stood upto the plate….

This game is all about opinions, and thats mine….

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I thought Elliot was very good when he came on. he offered a bit more than we had seen in the game thus far.
    I’m convinced here is an impact sub , come into a fractured game and his neat little movements have an impact on the game , every time I have seen him start he disappoints