Page 216 of 431 FirstFirst ... 116166206209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 4302

Thread: Other games

Sheff United last 3 home games: 0-5, 0-5 and now 0-6

That's the reality of these teams coming up from the championship. It's such a hard division to get out of but then once they're up it's another level trying to stay there. Sheff U have been a special case though, had some bad luck but in the whole absolutely abysmal. Must be absolutely shit for the fans watching them get tanked every week. No fun in that at all.

Arsenal have had a kind run of fixtures (another home banker at the weekend coming up as well), stayed relatively injury free and had a nice schedule (with their league game after Porto set to be postponed due to the FA Cup)......

Let's see how they do when the fixtures get harder and they have a potential CL QF/SF to deal with....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Arsenal have had a kind run of fixtures (another home banker at the weekend coming up as well), stayed relatively injury free and had a nice schedule (with their league game after Porto set to be postponed due to the FA Cup)......

Let's see how they do when the fixtures get harder and they have a potential CL QF/SF to deal with....
    They have had an easy run of late. Only Wham who aren't in the bottom half or they weren't when they played them.
    I might be wrong but I see them as the lesser of the three despite them probably being the best actual footballing side. Needs other attributes to go alongside that.
    Could be top of the league after level games next week. They'll piss Brentford and if we draw they're top on GD.

Arsenal support have pray for Porto trending on twitter. Brave lot haha.
    They should piss it against Brentford but perhaps a bit of pressure on them for the first time in a while in the chance to go top.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Arsenal beginning to fade towards half time there, only 5-0
    A brilliant night for Arsenal on the goal difference front. They're now +6 over us at the moment and have been scoring for fun of late. Not sure we will catch them in that particular department - foresee us winning plenty but not big scorelines.

Still have them pegged as being a bit like us in 13/14 in that I think it's going to fall apart right towards the end, but to their credit they are flying right now.

Engaging title race lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A brilliant night for Arsenal on the goal difference front. They're now +6 over us at the moment and have been scoring for fun of late. Not sure we will catch them in that particular department - foresee us winning plenty but not big scorelines.

Still have them pegged as being a bit like us in 13/14 in that I think it's going to fall apart right towards the end, but to their credit they are flying right now.

Often said it's easier to be banging in the goals when a team is chasing top spot than once they get there. Maybe they'll have a Chelsea and Crystal Palace moment when pressure is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Probably, but if City tonk them at the Etihad (possible) and we tonk someone (surely we're due to do that?!) it won't be such a yawning gap.

I think the arse will tonk City at the Etihad. I think most folks focus this year is on the wrong club. I hope I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    I think the arse will tonk City at the Etihad. I think most folks focus this year is on the wrong club. I hope I'm wrong
    Agree - perhaps it's because I have plenty of Gooners at close proximity but they look like the title winners to me. The team they were scared of most was us. That perspective has been smashed - they don't fear anyone now. Doesn't mean they will win it, but I feel like a win for them at the Emptyhad means they are the most likely. They seem to be well ahead of the rest in the Prem.

Hope beyond hope I am wrong.
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th March 2024 at 01:11 PM.