Page 352 of 390 FirstFirst ... 252302342345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359362 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3896

Thread: Other games

Two years ago they finished over twenty points off top and in fifth. Nobody had the faintest idea they would do what they have done. Anyone suggesting they did is not being truthful.
    There was no indication at all of the machine they've turned into now.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    They've played the mist entertainment football for 2 seasons. Still think City won't drop any points.
    Yes, I think us and Arsenal have swapped places. Problematic as we aren't on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Their rise has been rapid. Looked like they were going nowhere two years ago.
    Shows it can happen. Still might win nothing though but atleast they'll challenge.
    I called their rise before that & everyone here was laughing, they had a VAR deficit surpassed only by ours for 2 seasons

I don’t like them, today they’re winning from 3 absolute gifts as v Chelsea An own goal, second goal fucking piss poor defending 3rd goal poor defending again, their 2nd was from a counter when Spurs should have had a pen

If they get in front they get 10-11 behind the ball deep in their own half & just try & release a forward on the break

This season they’ve benefitted from no injuries & the continuity counts for a hell of a lot, we got as good as we once were by playing the same best 11 in Prem & Champions League almost every game

Amid all this Arse kissing and without sounding bitter I'd just like to say they were shit in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Amid all this Arse kissing and without sounding bitter I'd just like to say they were shit in Europe.
    Yes and they had an easier group draw than City.

They'll finish 2nd on less points than we did 2 years ago when runners up whilst still being in 4 comps until the end.

3-1 & Spurs should have had a pen which if given Saka doesn’t score their second

Defensive and keeper Howler from Arsenal when they're 3 up. We usually do that when the score is a draw lol

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Their rise has been rapid. Looked like they were going nowhere two years ago.
    Shows it can happen. Still might win nothing though but atleast they'll challenge.
    It is rapid but not surprising. Arsenal were strong under Wenger and then took a dip in performance but also competing in the transfer market because of the stadium. Once that 10 year period ended they started to invest again and were paying bigger sums of money. Only issue the fans were no longer behind Wenger not realising they fell behind not on the pitch but because of tight finances.

Emery came cause the supporters wanted Wenger out, it didn't work out Arteta came. The footballing side was put in place with Edu but the finances were there. They have built on a team that was doing well and improving it. They won the FA Cup but dismantled that team ecspecially the core and the leadership group Aubamayang, Xhaka etc. They did it quickly which means they have money. They sent on Saliba but could afford to let him stay in France, because White had come in as well. Last season they brought in Jesus and Zinchenko it improved them. Then Rice for 105m who for me is similar to Van Dijk or a Van Persie to United or Cantona a final piece but yet most important piece. Trossard and Haevertz they spent again not resting on their laurels.

That is the core difference with our owners and what they are doing here, after we won the league by a country mile they didn't bring in that higher quality (Thiago i suppose was an effort) but all the signings were experimental, even Jota who turned out class.

2022 again we did well but the signing are always those type where they hope to make money in the future. I don't think Arsenal signed Rice and Havertz hoping for a profit. They hoped for trophies.

The Liverpool owners are largely the problem, even though we won trophies. Even the Manager coming in is a guy whom they know is grateful for the job, maybe above his experience so he isn't going to say like Mourinh said bring me Drogba etc. He will accept the moneyball plan that they hired Edwards for to make them more money by being competitve sometimes winning stuff but making huge sums of money. Edward knows the brief that is why he came, not for success but to make money for himself. Even the Hughes appointment is so lowkey, United went for the guy at City, there is Monchi and other experienced people with reputation and stronger connections. Again Hughes fits FSG model find us gems and hopeful the Liverpool brand the anfield aura etc will help, win a trophy now and again because they are starved and we are okay.

I wish Liverpool well as I support them, however Klopp's magic is what brought us here. All the players including Vna Dijk whom i think him and Allison and Mane are the 3 best players that were here, but Salah i feel is just okay, Van Dijk is showing he is human has so since coming back from that terrible injury though this season he has been boss (but some people say one of the greats of all time I disagree), Robertson shows it was Klopp in his head that made him, he is very limited. Trent as well. All our players and there are 6 or 7 as a I mentioned a period in time were considered the best in the world. They were for a time. Allison for me is one of the best goalkeepers I have ever seen in all my years. But the point is it was all Klopp and FSG hit the jackpot without actually doing much. Coutinho crying for Barcelona also hid their financial willingness. They are running one of the biggest brands in world football like paupers. Yet they are milking massive revenues.

Richardson like a snail or a bloke with a fridge on his back running onto that through ball.