Page 44 of 431 FirstFirst ... 343738394041424344454647484950515494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    This weekday round of league fixtures is usually played in mid September but due to three international breaks it's being shoehorned in now. Don't we play 10 games in 27 days?
    Something like that I think. It's absolutely ridiculous.
    Squad rotation is going to be crucial

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Squad rotation is going to be crucial
    Absolutely. Matip,Allison, Robertson and Jota all out too. Quansah will get some games. Maybe the likes of Doak will figure too at some point. Need them all to do their bit.
    Sounds ungrateful but at this point now I'm not arsed about the league cup, could do without that quarter final game against WH.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Why the f**k didn’t all those city players surrounding the ref get yellow cards??

Another rule City break without punishment.. what a shock 🙄
    City have been fined over it though

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Why the f**k didn’t all those city players surrounding the ref get yellow cards??

Another rule City break without punishment.. what a shock 🙄
    rather pathetic considering Jota was sent off by this oaf for 2 non fouls
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

haaa the owl Hodgson
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    City have been fined over it though
    It’s the players that should be sanctioned not the club, cards should have been shown. Particularly to Haaland, that was the worst case of dissent I have seen in some time.

Sid needs to stop "Bird" watching, if you know what I mean and make a your team thread.

Cmon sid it's best to do that on the beach in the summer

that's what I do for the boys anyway
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sid needs to stop "Bird" watching, if you know what I mean and make a your team thread.

Cmon sid it's best to do that on the beach in the summer

that's what I do for the boys anyway
    I asked about those threads in one of the threads at the start of the season if I recall, as to whether or not folks wanted me to stop doing them, largely because aspects of them seemed to annoy some users and also partly so I wasn't stressing about timing them as close to the full-time whistle as possible as that became part of a compulsive tick which wasn't the healthiest.

Didn't receive a response to the question at the time.

I then separately asked again in a thread called "Match threads" or something like that and again no response.

Then someone else did a "your team against" thread and I asked if they were doing them for the season or if people were taking turns etc as I wanted to know what the "system" was - despite not being involved as such, I like a degree of familiarity and predictability. If there was a LFC Online meet I'd like to know which chair I was sitting in, etc etc and I don't think that was responded to.

Then I think a separate user did a different thread for a later match and I asked if they were now taking the mantle, to which they said something to the effect of "yes" and they didn't keep it up for long.

Certainly if you'd like a thread made I can do one tomorrow and I'll pick a random time rather than a rounded time so I don't end up with some stupid new tick like having to always do them at Noon or something like that, no problem. If someone else wants to that's great too - I don't miss feeling itchy and nauseous at the end of matches particular.

As an aside, it's funny you should mention the Birdwatching. Tonight I ended up doing a short talk for a conservation group where photos and videos I have taken were the visual matter for points of reference and in a highly competitive field I was naturally something of a nervous wreck. But throughout the course of the evening I had a number of folks come up to me 1-to-1 and congratulate me both on the photography and on my presentation - and I must say I left the place feeling incredibly proud as I haven't had to do public speaking for a number of years. For those who public speak regularly or are in competitive jobs with the need for regular oration that may be a shrug of the shoulder moment, but I found tonight a massive shot in the arm and a real tonic for what has been wavering self-confidence of late, so I am really pleased - particularly as I have been asked to speak again.

Have had a really good calendar year for "adding strings to my bow" and I don't know exactly where it will all end up, but I feel like life and my general sense of direction (and possibly paid work in the conservation field) is coming sooner or later and I'm suddenly tremendously excited about my personal future again to counter the weight in my chest about how utterly fucked so many things are in the World right now, particularly with Biodiversity.

I must say it feels good to feel good and hopefully I can hold onto it for a little while.

That's great sid, glad it's going well.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    90+4: OH NO!! Simon Hooper has blown his whistle with Grealish racing through on goal.... I'm not even sure why he's blown. I think it's for an earlier foul on Haaland by Royal. The pass from Haaland had Grealish clean through on goal. He was onside.

I am so confused. It's a baffling decision.

HAHAHAHa

it's funny when it's another team well when we don't want them to win.
    It was alright, even my grandmother can catch Grealish pace, the result would be the same either.

But why Simon Hooper still here? We have enought of him.