Page 51 of 386 FirstFirst ... 4144454647484950515253545556575861101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Other games

Dyche is doing a great job with Everton. They're shite on paper but they'd be 10th and above Chelsea without the points deduction

Coudnae hae gaen much better fur us, ither than Utd 'n' Chelsea drawing.

great results
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I’m no Everton fan but you have to admire their sudden ability to raise the game when relegation threatens. Must be massively feustrating to support them when you see the way they can suddenly transform almost every season.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    (possibly) two cracking results for us this evening.
    Being 7 points ahead of Tottenham and 8 points ahead of Newcastle is definitely a desirable situation.

Hopefully we can maintain/extend that gap over the coming weeks.

I'd be interested to see how Spurs go throughout the season - they got out of the blocks quickly and got hyped by the media, but have hit a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Being 7 points ahead of Tottenham and 8 points ahead of Newcastle is definitely a desirable situation.

Hopefully we can maintain/extend that gap over the coming weeks.

I'd be interested to see how Spurs go throughout the season - they got out of the blocks quickly and got hyped by the media, but have hit a wall.
    Lets be clear, the wall they have hit is better opponents….they are just having to play top half teams after a start to the season where they played virtually all the teams from the bottom half of the table.

Saying that they have been unlucky with injuries, but it was always going to be a test for them when they came up against better coached sides….

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’m no Everton fan but you have to admire their sudden ability to raise the game when relegation threatens. Must be massively feustrating to support them when you see the way they can suddenly transform almost every season.
    Yup, fairplay, they always seem to find a way.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Lets be clear, the wall they have hit is better opponents….they are just having to play top half teams after a start to the season where they played virtually all the teams from the bottom half of the table.

Saying that they have been unlucky with injuries, but it was always going to be a test for them when they came up against better coached sides….
    Rough period for their Manager now. Pts flopped against stronger teams besides us which they should have lost as well. So fair play to them they gathered pts against the teams they ate expected to. Bit now winless in 5. Expectations were raised as it seemed they are in a title challenge. Injuries have been devastating for them and suspensions. So next 5 games the faithful are going to be tested to see if they are really behind their Manager. As goals dry up from the front we going to hear a lot about they miss Harry Kane from the pundits, they didn't replace him etc. Lazy punditry but supporters listen to that. If Ange gets them top 6 in my view it is a excellent season and base for him to build. But will the supporters see it thay way now that they won the league already after 10 games.
    Last edited by HLOGI; 8th December 2023 at 08:22 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Boehly bought cfc in summer 2022.

A year later during summer 2023 - you asked the question about finishing above Chelsea.

I replied firmly, yes.

How was Roman leaving in 2022 not accounted for by yourself over a year later**?

It was all about Poch and the big net spend, no concern about Roman in summer 2023 from ya

There's another thread you can reply to regards the rest, not interested in repeating myself for you to cower away when pressed for a direct answer or one example for your theory.
    I really think you have lost the plot sunshine. Totally. You seem to be upset about something & as a result are just looking for a means to attack.

I can only guess at why.

Let’s start with the truth. For a kick off Roman Abramovic didn’t leave Chelsea … unless you have been living under rock you will know that he was forced to sell the club in a politically motivated move by the British government (on US government orders)…to who knows who… AND to write off all the debt owed to him. As dodgy a deal as you will ever see.

So Chelsea were effectively unable to even trade for months. Unable to sell anything at all - this was only the Spring of 2022! The club was then “sold” gifted or handed to a geezer by the name of Todd Boehly.. And with a huge surplus of cash - almost certainly Roman’s - the embrace on a splurge. Signing up player after player to 7 year contracts. Seemingly they went from over scrutinised to immune from legality the minute the Russian owner is replaced with a Yank.. but I will park that for another time.

Fast forward all the way to this summer - a year after the official “takeover’ and despite finally appointing a decent manager - they are floundering. The effects of so much upheaval - thats’s 4 successive managers in 365 days!!! They have been in such a state of flux that until recently they didn’t have even have a shirt sponsor. They are owned by a buffoon who believed he too knows this sport.

Currently they are 15 points behind us with the best manager on the planet!

Do I think they will finish above us?

Based on their abysmal form this season - no - BUT as we all know things can change.

SO that’s Chelsea …

As for your angst.. what could it be?

The fact that Darwin hasn’t as yet proved to be the second coming? Despite claims that he is on course to be better than Luis? by the stats..?

Or that we have - to date - fared better minus Super hero - Super Mac even when going down to 10 men.?

Or the realisation that claiming Real’s success is down to very low net spend - is so deeply flawed?

That bringing them into a discussion about Premier League Net spend is ridiculous.

That failing to accept that Real Madrid operates on a different plane to all the rest shows a deep lack of knowledge?

Many things that I could guess at.. but this latest Chelsea BS.. WTF?

It seems you will try anything to deflect from the clear and obvious reality.

We know that clubs can spend a fortune and not find success - most clubs don’t have the management in place to benefit from OR attract the players needed to build a legacy. BUT when you have one in situ…and you e genuine aim is to capitalise on it to the fullest.. YOU BACK HIM TO THE HILT. This is the point and this has categorically not happened.

Dragging in United - who have won far far more and out
    spent us for decades is ridiculous - citing Chelsea who have also massively out spent us and won far far more is also ridiculous.

Klopp has won us 2 of the major titles that matter. One of each..

And so - back to my point which seems to get some in here in a spin…

IF Jurgen Klopp has been manager of the most successful club in the land for 7 years, and is rated as better than Pep by even Gary fooking Neville - WHAT could it be that has meant we have only taken 1 of each major title. 1x League and 1x European Cup. Why is that we suffer these “blips” rather than the odd “Blip”..?

What could it be that has meant we haven’t ever managed to retain a title or win more..?

Then ask yourself What would Jurgen have won at City - Chelsea, or United..?

I am confident if anyone switches their brain on after looking at the budget that Jurgen has had to work with - they will know the answer. Those who don’t…I call deluded.
    Last edited by Steveo; 8th December 2023 at 10:39 AM.