Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Toulouse

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    You were certainly right about Gravenberch before he came. How the hell wasn’t he playing at Bayern?
    Bayern's and Ajax's style of midfield play were very much walking pace, over passing and pretty passive, Gravenberch is a real physical specimen and i felt he'd flourish in Jurgen's more dynamic and cut and thrust way of playing and his touch, vision and array of passing combined with that would help us create more and evolve

Still a lot more to come from him, in driving it forward, in his positioning so in some phases of play he's picking up a potential outlet for a counter defending while we're attacking, whilst also being positioned to quickly bust ahead of that player into the attack if/when it opens up that way

My idea of our evolution from 18-19 was to bring in mids with the physical, positional and pressing and counter pressing capabilities and reading of the game of Gini and Hendo, who all had Hendo's ability to play switches and top quality medium to longer balls, who also had better touch and control and cuter, more polished all round passing games, Gini and Hendo upgrades

Szlobo, Mac Allister and Gravenberch all fit that profile for me so i'm absolutely ecstatic if i'm honest
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You don’t believe we will bring in a 6 then? You feel we have the right kind of balance in midfield already?

we need a DM..Mac Allister is not the answer over all. I think we are more than likely to sign Andre in January
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You don’t believe we will bring in a 6 then? You feel we have the right kind of balance in midfield already?
    If there's a hybrid out there we might, hopefully in January long overdue moving Thiago on in the process, I think we do need one more top mid in place of Thiago

When at our very best and highest levels in our pressing and counter pressing we weren't playing with a No6, i think it should be clear that like in that period, our midfielders are interchanging positions

Mac Allister has been excellent at No6, his game intelligence, reading of it and positioning has been top quality and he's played a huge part in how well we've started, he's been miles better than Fab evfer was in there, because of those skills and his passing ability, the overall pressing and counter pressing needs to improve a lot, we need to get back to where we were in that spell in 19-20 when every player was so on point and in sync and always defending while attacking and attacking while defending and that needs the constant communication and direction of each other from all the players we had then

Andre in January would be a brilliant addition, top quality, very fluid and the kind of hybrid our system needs, who has everything we need, he has some absolutelyexemplary and highly desirable skills and traits that all our other young mids development will benefit from learning

Positioning -Reading of the game - Anticipation - Quality array of cute intelligent top level No6 ways of nicking possession - Excellent driving the ball forward - Vision and range and variety of top quality passing - ALWAYS looking to play the ball when it's on

Ticks every box and then some

After the accuracy of your Gravenberch scouting report, I’ll take your word for it.

After the accuracy of your Gravenberch scouting report, I’ll take your word for it.
    Enzo Fernandez likes this.

and Havertz and Werner
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Andre is definitely the one.

Sign him up. If we have an "embarrassment of riches" in midfield for the remaining half-a-season because everyone (including Thiago and Bajcetic) ends up fit, that's fine - hopefully reasonable FA Cup and Europa League campaigns mean plenty of games for all.

You'd then be looking at this as your options - approximate descending age as I am not Googling each individual's birthday, it's just ball-park -

Thiago
    Endo
    Mac Allister
    Andre
    Szoboszlai
    Jones
    Gravenberch
    Elliott
    Bajcetic

- from January to May. Nine players for 3 spots, with a few of them having really good records in terms of availability. Then release Thiago at the end of the season - still have 8 mids for 24/25 with only Endo in the 30+ category.

If we get Andre and is decent, and Bajcetic comes back and hits the form he was in before injury

Thiago and endo can go, endo isn't needed if the above is the case.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.