Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries: Liverpool Squad 23/24

Having to play gomez alot is going to go well.....

at least we're out of a very busy period.....
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Having to play gomez alot is going to go well.....

at least we're out of a very busy period.....
    Ya that's a concern and Konate. Both are holding up OK so far. But history suggests they could pick up a knock.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Gonna need those depth options now, trent has been ruled out for at least 3 weeks. Gomez to right back and hopefully Robertson back soon?

Bradley might get a run of games at right full now.
    Creatively it really hurts us.
    Will be interesting to see what the "Trent can't defend" crowd will make of the coming weeks then.

I remember Gomez being interviewed and revealing that he enjoyed playing in midfield when he was younger. I wonder if Bradley will get a turn at right-back, with Gomez remaining in the left and us inverting the box midfield set-up while Trent is out, so that Gomez comes in from the left when we have possession and Konate/Van Dijk/Bradley shift across - or perhaps Quansah will be used in an unexpected way.

Find out soon!

I imagine even those who believe he can't will be worried about the loss of his creative abilities. It's a right bummer for sure, but a few weeks might not hit us too hard. But no Salah or Trent.. Hmm that surely makes goals harder to find.

Trent can't defend and Gomez is shit but I wouldn't want to be without them!

Hopefully Virgil is back, maybe we go Allison over Kelleher. Big chance for Conor Bradley. Maybe Luke Chambers comes on for him and Gomez switches to right back.

Time for our goalscorers to step up, attack is the best form of defence!!

Hopefully the medical staff know what they are doing when it comes to Trent.. hopefully he dont end up needing a small operation. that will put him out longer.. so they had better get their calls correct
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Firing on all fronts and now all these players missing. I doubt we will bring in any new reinforcement's. Let’s hope it doesn’t cost us come end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I imagine even those who believe he can't will be worried about the loss of his creative abilities. It's a right bummer for sure, but a few weeks might not hit us too hard. But no Salah or Trent.. Hmm that surely makes goals harder to find.
    Absolutely. Massive loss of creativity.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

So this is why we have Gomez, and why Quansah is turning out to be such a bonus. We'll be fine for 3 weeks as long as it's not a bad injury that rushed back because he's Trent.

Hopefully being overly cautious due to AFcon - Asia cup and longer term injuries