Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unorthodox potential team vs City on Saturday …..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    anyone else hear the sound of a barking little bitch?or is it just me (excuse the pun)
    There mist be an echo in yer hoose.

I think i need Uhura to translate a certain person on here.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It's going to be all about how our 2 full backs do against they're wide men.
    If we keep them quiet I fancy us to win it 1-2.
    Totally agree, hence why in my team I have Gomez and Quansah in place of Trent and Tsimikas, we are definitely a counter attacking side vs City possession based side and thats why I have gone for legs, pace, ability to see danger and defend plus lots of creativity in the midfield… I think Macca in this game needs to come on as a sub but further forward, a lá Firmino / no 10 role rather than in a purely defensive midfielder capacity that he has been playing to date

Upfront we are so lucky in terms of that any combo of our front five that includes Salah will no doubt pose City’s defence serious problems, I just like the idea of getting Nunez up against Walker and lets see how he copes with the pace and chaos Nunez brings, if Walker pushes at forward it is at the risk of allowing Nunez a head start…. interesting dilemma for Pep and Walker ….

Alisson
    Konate Matip VVD
    Sobozla Gravenb MacA Diaz
    Salah Núñez Jota

Alisson
    Trent Matip VVD Tsimikas
    Szoboszlai……… Gravenberch
    Salah Nunez Diaz

I have absolutely no idea who to play in the CM role.

The whoscored preview

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1729540/Preview/England-Premier-League-2023-2024-Manchester-City-Liverpool

Prediction
    ● The Premier League's top two meet in what is shaping up to be one of the most exciting matches of the season so far.
    ● With 12 games played, Manchester City sit top of the table, but only one point ahead of both Liverpool and Arsenal.
    ● After five consecutive wins in all competitions, City were forced to settle for a draw against Chelsea last time out in an eight-goal thriller at Stamford Bridge.
    ● Liverpool continued their perfect start to the season at home with a sixth league victory when they swept aside Brentford before the international break.
    ● Each side won their home fixture against the other last season, with City putting four past Liverpool the last time they visited the Etihad, back in April.
    ●.City, however, have not won consecutive league matches against Saturday's opponents since 1937.

Score Man City 3 v 2 Liverpool

Klopps 433 v Peps 3421

Alisson

Trent Matip VVD Tsimi

Sobozla MacA Gravenb

Salah Núñez Jota

Halaand

Silva Alvarez

Doku Akanji Rodri Foden

Gvardiol Diaz Walker

Ederson

Big game coming up in a short while.id love to win. but id take a draw here and now!..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

By the looks of it, Halland, Rodri and Ederson will all start after their International withdrawals.
    Now there's a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    By the looks of it, Halland, Rodri and Ederson will all start after their International withdrawals.
    Now there's a surprise.
    Man City are so pathetic with their "injuries" - they really are.

One plus side for us is that a few of our lads had success on their international duties. Provided the relevant lads are fit to play, they'll be coming into the game confident.

Etihad isn't an easy place to go so I will be delighted with a draw. If we lose, the season isn't "over" by any means - just trickier. If we win, it's a ridiculous shot in the arm for us, but that should be tempered by the fact it would only put us very slightly ahead of an outfit that can go on 15-match winning streaks.

A late Núñez winner is the Dream.

I would take a draw now. We're still in a rebuild phase. The extra rest they got due to their "injuries" will help them.