Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: Match Thread : Sheff Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You're not wrong Sid but we aren't playing well at all lately. Making hard work of things.
    We are missing something right now. Just way off where we can be I think.
    We can go up a level or two, for sure.

But as bad as some of these performances "feel" as it were, what we are getting out of our League campaign is pretty good going.

One side has scored more in the League than us I think - Man City - with 36 goals to our 34 - then as to goals conceded we have shipped 14 - with only Arsenal matching that and everyone else conceding more.

So to be as good as we are (plenty scored, relatively few conceded, close to the top of the League, Europa knockout rounds to look forward to, in a League Cup quarter-final) whilst adjusting to a new-look midfield and with us feeling we are playing nowhere near our best.....I'll take it. We do ABSOLUTELY need to find that other gear in time, but we have seen us go up a notch from around February onwards under Klopp, so if we succeed with the grind for another 8 weeks or so we are potentially looking good.

Work to do - but positives to be taken as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Gomez has been our worst player for a while. He’s just not up to it. Need to buy a CB and RB. Sell him to Sheffield.
    He's a Homegrown player that can provide cover at left-back, right-back, centre-back and will have understanding of the "box midfield" set-up and the right-back's role in it - who happens to be way below the age of 30 as well.

Whilst I totally understand periodic frustration with him and (often merited) criticism of him as well, he simply ticks too many boxes for us to be likely to move him on for the time-being.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Meanwhile, Mac Allister picked up a knock in the early stages of Liverpool’s contest with Sheffield United which required heavy strapping to his knee.

The Argentina midfielder completed the first half, but limped off after 59 minutes.

Klopp explained: “Macca, it was a shame. Early, he stepped on his knee, there was a cut. As long as the wound was open, we just strapped it, obviously it was painful but he could play.

“Then we stitched it but then obviously it got a bit tighter there and then he couldn't move anymore. Now we have to see how long that will take. I hope not too long.”
    That sounds like it's nothing major, the way I read it.

A flesh wound that was overly constricted.

Doubt it would have healed for the weekend though. We have 4 other fit midfielders though so no biggie.