Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v ManUtd

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Disappointed.
    Thankfully we are still there.

Thr problem with nunez on the wing using his oace is that he is caught offside so often its infuriating.
    Also sadly he can't buy a foul the same way guys like antony and rashford can.
    Szoboszlai was atrocious. I dont think anything he did all match came off. He has been poor for a while but this might have been his worst.
    Might as well bench him and play elliot or curtis.
    Szobo has dropped off. He is still running and getting around but he isn't influencing the game as much.
    We signed 4 midfielders in the summer. Are we much better off in that department than before? The good thing is they are all young and can still develop (apart from endo whom I think was a stop gap (hoping he is).

The key difference from last season has been a fit front line and a genuine pre season following on from a season without a 63 game marathon proceeding it. Last season we played 51 games and none of the high intensity games face the season we almost did the quad.

The midfield has always been an issue. Not that it was weak but that it was never at the same level as the attack or the back line. Especially well masked by an incredible front line for years with prime Salah, Mané, Bobby and then with addition of Jota aided so often by Robbo and Trent... Now we are missing 2 of the great trio and Jota's injuries become even more of an issue.

It really doesn't matter what some say - Coutinho's sale was what made the difference. We are STILL dining out on it. Alisson and Virgil are as crucial as Salah. We really need to be able to dine at that table once in a while WITHOUT selling the crown jewels...
    Last edited by Steveo; 18th December 2023 at 02:47 PM.

we need a proper DM. Palhinha is the guy. but the owners wont sanction his deal. but they'll be happy to take the cash for Salah.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    we need a proper DM. Palhinha is the guy. but the owners wont sanction his deal. but they'll be happy to take the cash for Salah.
    Agree. It remains to be seen if anything will happen in January.
    We ideally need two players. A mid and CB or RB.
    Worth noting though that a player like Paulinha wouldn't have had any effect on yesterday.
    It's again our inability to break down a wall. We're not alone though, these games will happen from time to time.
    I think we can all be pretty happy with where we're at right now but I feel reinforcement is needed if we are to go for an assault on the league. I don't think we have quite enough at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Worth noting though that a player like Paulinha wouldn't have had any effect on yesterday.
    It's again our inability to break down a wall. We're not alone though, these games will happen from time to time.
    I think we can all be pretty happy with where we're at right now but I feel reinforcement is needed if we are to go for an assault on the league. I don't think we have quite enough at the minute.
    Yesterday was definitely our worst performance of the season. We were bloody clueless at times and looked like a team threw together at the last minute, this after us starting the game well. After 5 minutes I thought we'd blow them away but some very sloppy play rolled into the 2nd half and the one Trent side footed wide just summed up our day.
    We can't be that bad against Arsenal ,surely!!

I'm not sure Ian. We've played worse than that I think. First half at Wolves was a disgrace,Fulham was worse too at times.
    We were in full control but just couldn't get through the wall.
    Arsenal will try and play so that might work for us. We need our midfield to be solid in that game. They'll have lots of the ball in our third too so the defence ( who were great yesterday) will have plenty to do.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    maybe not but he may have broken forward.. Endo isnt the guy..We seem to allow Konate to be the man breaking from deeper. he did well yesterday.. Love his attitude..
    The owners should cough up the cash..Its not like the manager as made many errors in the transfer market..
    Keita was a good player. just spent most of his time in ICU

Is it going tae be lik' this ilka time we draw or lose a gam?

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Is it going tae be lik' this ilka time we draw or lose a gam?
    You stupid dick, we have been calling for a proper DM for a coupla years.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Disappointed.
    Thankfully we are still there.

Thr problem with nunez on the wing using his oace is that he is caught offside so often its infuriating.
    Also sadly he can't buy a foul the same way guys like antony and rashford can.
    Szoboszlai was atrocious. I dont think anything he did all match came off. He has been poor for a while but this might have been his worst.
    Might as well bench him and play elliot or curtis.
    Think the ball needs to be released earlier to Nunez, one example from yesterday - Salah gets the ball Nunez makes the run, Salah takes a few touches and by the time he's passing the moment of chaos with space had closed.

My impression overall is the Trent Rb/6 shift is killing us. In terms of defence it gives us a poor shape imo. Which impacts our ability to attack.