Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: VAR…wtf

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    A quick search for the definition:

I think the following are pertinent

2. A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
    3. An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.
    4. A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.

Yours is understandable:

* Inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.
    CCTV, I am glad that you agree and find my preferred definition as understandable…

So on that basis, I just believe my stance is based more on the probability of either, rather than any preference / bias on my part.

Whilst there are lots of well documented, well researched and proven conspiracies, that prior to being proven, were themselves conspiracy theories, prior to them being proven.

I just think the frequency of incidences that we all as individuals experience on a day to day basis, that could be argued / described as a result of unconscious bias is far more prevalent within our society that any conspiracy theories that people may believe in, or feel the need or wish to attribute to a certain set of circumstances.

So purely on the basis of probability, i just believe it’s more likely to be unconscious bias at play rather than any actual conspiracy…

That doesn’t mean it isn't a conspiracy, I just believe that its highly unlikely… and incredibly difficult to prove.

However, When I get a spare 5 mins, I will have a look at the links you have kindly posted for me to peruse… ����

2. A study on unconscious bias, you might detail how influential this is as a predictor.
    3. Shows the data on abortion studies, racial disparities and cultural disparities within racial groups.
    https://harvardlawreview.org/forum/vol-134/abortion-as-an-instrument-of-eugenics/
    4. An example of of poor research methods.
    An example of the opposite - rigorously tested due to undesirable results.
    http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

I do find it odd how people who trade in this language like yourself, have a coyness for comment on the linked article I provided regarding Kohl and his comments regards Irelands irrational stance to neutrality. How FitzGerald placed in under the darkness of secrecy.
    The northern crisis was eventually used to remove this border issue and territorial claim, with Ireland amending its constitution and tacitly acknowledge Britain's claim to ownership of Ireland.
    Subsequent actions have involved, removing our currency, withdrawing our right to veto, banking debts onto unborn children, two re-votes on eu, Ireland language supports withdrawn.
    Further harmonising with Nato/EU super powers most demonstrable by introducing eugenic abortion on demand on the backs of failed rape victims. Our leaders changed the terms of the referendum, near the end, having called those who argued hard cases would lead to abortion on demand conspiracy clowns/merchants. Yet they had no works done to reform sex in the modern age and courts for rape victims.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2018/0424/956780-foster-home-galway/
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/husband-of-zappone-adviser-guilty-of-sex-assault/36743338.html
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/health/suicide-young-dublin-women-report-19267298
    Fascinating that during the abortion referendum, there was a great emphasis on supporting the working classes access, a suicide/murder-suicide cohort in recent years. By assisting them in accessing services to end their pregnancy. Only rape victims were more important, then after the referendum, they weren't too important.

Of course then, having introduced gay marriage & abortion, blasphemy needed to be removed.
    Not a barrier to abortion or gay marriage referendums, but atheist Ireland as one ngo did petition to remove this blasphemy law to undermine other regions of the world to live in cultures other than white western woke culture.
    https://atheist.ie/2018/10/removal-of-blasphemy/

At this point, having to answer my own questions put to you, I wonder if preferring unconscious bias as a vague term is preferential as an exit strategy from the burden of specific and detailed analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    CCTV, I am glad that you agree and find my preferred definition as understandable…

So on that basis, I just believe my stance is based more on the probability of either, rather than any preference / bias on my part.

Whilst there are lots of well documented, well researched and proven conspiracies, that prior to being proven, were themselves conspiracy theories, prior to them being proven.

I just think the frequency of incidences that we all as individuals experience on a day to day basis, that could be argued / described as a result of unconscious bias is far more prevalent within our society that any conspiracy theories that people may believe in, or feel the need or wish to attribute to a certain set of circumstances.

So purely on the basis of probability, i just believe it’s more likely to be unconscious bias at play rather than any actual conspiracy…

That doesn’t mean it isn't a conspiracy, I just believe that its highly unlikely… and incredibly difficult to prove.

However, When I get a spare 5 mins, I will have a look at the links you have kindly posted for me to peruse… ����
    Again a lack of specificity.

On the basis of probability, you just believe "it’s more likely to be unconscious bias at play rather than any actual conspiracy…"

You've eliminated conscious bias, you do realise that conscious bias exists.

Please present some of your understanding of unconsciouss biases, like studies.
    Please present your rating of these biases as having a predictive ability in real world scenarios.

Your not coming across as sensible to my eye, you seem to be spinning within a framework that you cannot explain.

On the basis of probability, you just believe "it’s more likely to be unconscious bias at play rather than any actual conspiracy…"

Please present your rating of these biases as having a predictive ability in real world scenarios.

Your not coming across as sensible to my eye, you seem to be spinning within a framework that you cannot explain.

Your level of analysis is impressive but I don’t quite understand why you have felt the need to want to engage in such an extensive level critique on a comment I have made, that in the grand scheme of things is really not that important, as its just my opinion based on nothing more than what I considered at the time a balanced analysis.

Clearly you have done extensive research on this and as a result you completely disagree with my low resolution analysis, and thats fine, but I am clearly not that invested in this argument to the extent that you are.

I must reiterate your level of analysis is very impressive, so I genuinely take my hat off to you… but I dont have the time or the inclination to go to the same level of analysis that you are, over a throw away comment i have made about Referees in general.

I apologise if thats not the answer you want, but hey ho, it is what it is…

A've ne'er read sae much nonsense. We're talking fitba 'ere, which is why it simply boils doon tae a bunch o' conspiracy clowns.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

[QUOTE=JockStrap;2824492]A've ne'er read sae much nonsense.

You sir, are the king of irony.

🤡

It wid hulp if ye learnt how tae quote properly.

🤡
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Both of the penalties Gordon won for Newcastle today were very suspect to me.

If Player 1. is clearly trying to play the ball and is focused on the ball, and Player 2. who is not focused on the ball, makes no attempt to play the ball and is clearly only interested in ensuring Player 1. makes contact with him, with no interest in the ball, surely thats a foul by Player 2. and not Player 1.

I see this all the time, not just in the penalty box, and referees just fall for it time and time again…is it just me and am I actually missing something here ?

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Both of the penalties Gordon won for Newcastle today were very suspect to me.

If Player 1. is clearly trying to play the ball and is focused on the ball, and Player 2. who is not focused on the ball, makes no attempt to play the ball and is clearly only interested in ensuring Player 1. makes contact with him, with no interest in the ball, surely thats a foul by Player 2. and not Player 1.

I see this all the time, not just in the penalty box, and referees just fall for it time and time again…is it just me and am I actually missing something here ?
    Some (?) games are being decided on which team can cheat more smartly than their opponents.