Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: VAR…wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Bredred View Post
    The only question (forget the penalty area) is was it a foul on Alex Mac, if you use the criteria of contact or dangerous high boot or showing studs or out of control tackle. Take the norm of any hand flick to the head , shirt pull etc.
    Overwhelmingly the worlds footy fans would give a foul.
    So what happened , well no foul by ref........why.
    VAR looked at it and no foul...... why.
    Mr Webb discusses it and supports the above clear and obvious error .
    The reason is because it was so late in the game and it was in the penalty area.
    Too much pressure on a enormous decision, they bottled it.
    Now they have to support themselves and use different points of view to justify a monumental error.
    When I say they I mean Refs and VAR, they have to, or admit incompetence.
    Covering the own pay days maybe, but conspiring to justify a obvious wrong.
    We need a better system , maybe jury system to make rapid judgement calls on the spot as it happens to take the burden off people who cannot stand the pressure.
    I’m afraid, If the man at the top consistently fails to give clear guidance, fails to call out mistakes and also fails to demand better from his staff, it’s really game over… nothing is ever going to change whilst the man responsible for the madness remains in charge…as i say the nutters are really in charge, for now !!! 🫣

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I am not a fan of conspiracy theories per se, but have you actually read the Tomkins Times analysis of Paul Tierney, if you have, you have to be puzzled by the scale of differences identified and the significant impact they have had over the years.

I am more in the camp of unconscious bias at play rather than any conspiracy, unfortunately Klopp is too honest and when he feels a Referee makes a mistake he calls it out, and when any official is on the receiving end of this critique, some will take the criticism onboard and endeavour to get better, which is what you would expect.

However I think some referees, and I include Tierney, Taylor and the referee from last Sundays game against City in that category, who really take the criticism personally and actually feel affronted that anyone would even consider questioning their decisions and the fact that they have very rarely, if ever, have admitted to making costly errors just supports that belief. As a result an unconscious bias is completely understandable, as annoying as that is….

The difficulty we as supporters have with this, is that over the tenure of Jurgen Klopp we have been denied in several games, Cup Finals and League Titles by such small margins, that these refereeing errors take on a far greater significance, than if these errors is just the difference between a team ultimately finishing 6th or 7th in the League
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You have a bias against conspiracy theories, and are in favour of unconscious bias as a result.
    I think this was a fair extraction.

I dont have a bias against conspiracy theories, I just find it hard to believe, but happy to accept it if the evidence of the conspiracy at play is irrefutable, whereas I do not find it hard to believe that unconscious bias may be responsible / more likely. I dont think this is an unreasonable position to take…
    statement of fact rejecting my extraction contradiction of your above statement - as i see it just look at the emotive language and different standards of proof required

I mean, you might make more sense if you were being somewhat more specific. As a declarative position, it's a bit bemusing.

Would you conclude the below is a result of some unconscious bias ? If so which one ?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/german-chancellor-helmut-kohl-made-bid-to-influence-irelands-neutrality/29869826.html

For me that falls clearly on the conscious realm of choice and a conspiracy, need only examine the changes here over the 30 years of darkness and the 10 years since.

Does anybody on here actually like cookies?
    I tend to "switch off" whenever I'm sent to a page that wants cookies accepted.
    "Reject all" if the option is available, otherwise "bye bye".
    One of the most annoying things.anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I tend to "switch off" whenever I'm sent to a page that wants cookies accepted.
    "Reject all" if the option is available, otherwise "bye bye".
    One of the most annoying things.anywhere!
    They're almost as annoying as people posting about cookies in a VAR thread.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

statement of fact rejecting my extraction contradiction of your above statement - as i see it just look at the emotive language and different standards of proof required

I mean, you might make more sense if you were being somewhat more specific. As a declarative position, it's a bit bemusing.

Would you conclude the below is a result of some unconscious bias ? If so which one ?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/german-chancellor-helmut-kohl-made-bid-to-influence-irelands-neutrality/29869826.html

For me that falls clearly on the conscious realm of choice and a conspiracy, need only examine the changes here over the 30 years of darkness and the 10 years since.
    I'll further elaborate my theory with evidence if there's no thoughts to hand.

Wow, that is some reply…tbh not quite sure what point you are making… but fair doos..����

Wow, that is some reply…tbh not quite sure what point you are making… but fair doos..����
    I've quoted your posts and pointed to my extraction as a fair one. I've shown your disagreement with it and yet more declaration of an actual bias from you. (Different standards of proof & affect)
    It's a bit bewildering that you would use the word bias, and yet disagree your post has a bias within it.

Then I asked you to elaborate and be more specific. To help your case, make yourself more clear.

Then I presented an article which you could read and comment on regards conspiracy theory & irrefutable proof etc A specific example.

I've quoted your posts and pointed to my extraction as a fair one. I've shown your disagreement with it and yet more declaration of an actual bias from you. (Different standards of proof & affect)
    It's a bit bewildering that you would use the word bias, and yet disagree your post has a bias within it.

Then I asked you to elaborate and be more specific. To help your case, make yourself more clear.

Then I presented an article which you could read and comment on regards conspiracy theory & irrefutable proof etc A specific example.
    To avoid us both going round in circles, can we actually try to come to some agreement on what the actual definition of the word BIAS is. I believe the following is the correct definition :

* Inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

CCTV, Can we agree on this, or do you have another preferred definition ?

To avoid us both going round in circles, can we actually try to come to some agreement on what the actual definition of the word BIAS is. I believe the following is the correct definition :

* Inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

CCTV, Can we agree on this, or do you have another preferred definition ?
    A quick search for the definition:

noun
    1. A line going diagonally across the grain of fabric.
    "Cut the cloth on the bias."
    2. A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
    3. An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.
    4. A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.
    5. A weight or irregularity in a ball that causes it to swerve, as in lawn bowling.
    6. The tendency of such a ball to swerve.
    7. The fixed voltage applied to an electrode.
    I think the following are pertinent

2. A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
    3. An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.
    4. A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.

Yours is understandable: