Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR…wtf

In the Team v Bournemouth thread, I wrote a post about negative unconscious bias being at play for lots of poor refereeing and Var decisions, which I stand by… however, it would be interesting to see another “Tomkins Times “ forensic analysis of this season so far, seeing who are the winners and losers in the whole REF/VAR debate.

We can all cite incidences that have gone against us, LFC that is, but I am sure very few of us will recall the one’s that have also gone for us… equally I am fairly confident that we don't know how the same good and bad can be said against all of our Top 6 rivals.

In Man City’s case I can immediately think of two were they have benefitted, the dodgy penalty against Utd and the non second yellow / red card for Kovacic in another game that I cannot recall who it was against…Spurs is the obvious Diaz incident and Arsenal is the Odegard incident, two separate incident that went against us but in favour of them…

I am sure that if this analysis was thoroughly carried out, it would make for an interesting read and it should also be shown to Howard Webb for him to comment… lol!!

I asked a question in that thread. Do you think you have unconscious bias Bob?

You keep asking that to deflect the point being made. Whether I or Bob have unconscious bias is totally irrelevant, we are not referees or officials. Offfials in ALL sports are supposed to be or at least act totally impartial.

Supporters as Bob and I are, are not

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    You keep asking that to deflect the point being made. Whether I or Bob have unconscious bias is totally irrelevant, we are not referees or officials. Offfials in ALL sports are supposed to be or at least act totally impartial.

Supporters as Bob and I are, are not
    It’s not irrelevant. It’s the absolute basis of a discussion. Now do you believe you have unconscious bias?
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

It’s not a difficult question.

Everyone does, including you. That has nothing to do with supposedly unbiased officials who can only do their job properly if completely neutral and can ignore any bias they have, unconscious or otherwise.

When you can’t answer a question, your first recourse is to ask one back. I initially asked you did you not even consider there to be a certain level of unconscious bias at play.

You STILL haven’t answered.

It’s not a difficult question….. unless of course the answer doesn’t suit your agenda, in which case you’ll probably ask another question back.

I don’t have an agenda. You can chat in good faith with me or not. I really don’t care. You are right about one thing, everyone has unconscious bias. If you want to debate further then tone it down. Otherwise I’ll wait for someone mature enough to debate the issue with.

I don’t have an unconscious bias when I’ve done my VAR league table I’ve even given the filthy points when they’ve got a wrong un I don’t want preferential treatment I want a level playing field

One of the games I got most irate about as I was younger was when Mike Riley let the filthy kick Arsenal’s invincibles off the pitch I had never seen such a disgustingly appallingly biased performance that endangered players safety in my life

Then came the shite we’ve had since Jurgen made us a top team, we were robbed of titles in 18-19 & 21-22 and we’ve already been robbed of 5 points this season

Grief.

Every week of 2 we get an unbelievable var decision against us. That challenge on Diaz bring the latest.