Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: League Cup semi final second leg Fulham v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Well that was pretty abysmal
    The thread, or the game?

I'm glad for some of the youngsters with their development and showing continued improvement (Bradley and Qaunsah).

Others,........not so much (looking at you Harvey).

It sucks to admit it, but the best player on that pitch today was Willian by a country mile, in a losing effort.
    He was just miles above everyone else on the pitch with his ball control, commanding play and presenting a constant threat whenever he got on the ball.

I can't believe Chelsea ever let him leave.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    I would honestly prefer harry Wilson than Harvey Elliot
    Still just 20 - same age as Quansah - inconsistent performances are all a part of development.

Not to mention that the fact that he and Gravenberch were able to play that match ahead of Mac Allister means we didn't have to risk Jones.

Squad game. There'll be times when Salah or Szoboszlai need a breather this season and he can cover as a right-sided 8 or as a winger - he doesn't excel at either, but it's so useful having versatile players to give others a break - just look at what a blessing Gomez's availability has been this season with Robertson and Tsimikas out - and he will likely fill in at centre-back at some stage with Matip out and when Konate inevitably misses a few weeks.

I think we knew we could turn it on when required..thats why we were so slack at times.. That attitude can sometimes get you into trouble though..
    Simon Hooper seems to have it in for Jota.. gave at least 3 wrong calls against him. and we all know about the Spurs game,. complete dick of a ref
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Still just 20 - same age as Quansah - inconsistent performances are all a part of development.

Not to mention that the fact that he and Gravenberch were able to play that match ahead of Mac Allister means we didn't have to risk Jones.

Squad game. There'll be times when Salah or Szoboszlai need a breather this season and he can cover as a right-sided 8 or as a winger - he doesn't excel at either, but it's so useful having versatile players to give others a break - just look at what a blessing Gomez's availability has been this season with Robertson and Tsimikas out - and he will likely fill in at centre-back at some stage with Matip out and when Konate inevitably misses a few weeks.
    Agreed so much Sid!

Great result, we had plenty of opportunities and we were way to wasteful in front of goal, so frustrating to watch.

Their goal was equally sloppy, Elliot should have done better, Bradley made his first mistake and was punished for it, Quansah should have cleared and Virg shouldn’t have allowed Diop to get across him… but tbf Wilson sold Bradley well and then delivered a great cross.

Celleher didnt have a good game for me, its a shame but he seems to have gone backwards from last season tbh…

Hopefully we can celebrate this victory and then put in a much better performance in the FA Cup…

Eh, we're in a final. Against our favourite meat mincer team.....

Bring. It. On!

Delighted with the result and we could have put it to bed earlier. What Klopp has done this season so far is genius.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Great result, we had plenty of opportunities and we were way to wasteful in front of goal, so frustrating to watch.

Their goal was equally sloppy, Elliot should have done better, Bradley made his first mistake and was punished for it, Quansah should have cleared and Virg shouldn’t have allowed Diop to get across him… but tbf Wilson sold Bradley well and then delivered a great cross.

Celleher didnt have a good game for me, its a shame but he seems to have gone backwards from last season tbh…

Hopefully we can celebrate this victory and then put in a much better performance in the FA Cup…
    We will work on that