Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Omg

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Do we think there's a chance he might change his mind between now and May?
    I don't expect so. Doesn't seem the type to go back on a decision.
    We can hope though but wheels are probably in motion for whoever is next.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Of course, we could just take what he said as being the truth of the matter.

After 9 years in one of the most stressful jobs in sport, he must be mentally drained. The intense media spotlight day in, day out must be absolutely exhausting
    I mean, we could do that, and also assume he's not a liar who's lying to us when he tells us he's burned out and needs a break.

But what would be the fun in that?

No, it's much better to speculate everything silly like, FSG pushed him out with their tightwad ways, or refused him some transfers he wanted in the transfer market (even though they were apparently willing to break the British transfer record for a player they missed out on just this past summer),......or that he's still upset at not being allowed to attend his mother's funeral during the COVID lockdown or some such shite (....even though he was one of the biggest proponents of pulling together to follow the rules to ensure we all got out of the lockdowns faster).......

When's he ever been straight with us,...the fans?

No, much much better to go on wild speculative tangents and create cuckoo reasons for why we think he's quitting.

/s
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I bet Ange is kicking himself. Probably would have been in the frame to manage his favourite club.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I bet Ange is kicking himself. Probably would have been in the frame to manage his favourite club.
    Who's says he's out (completely)?

If FSG were keen, and he were told, and they were willing to pay what it takes to get him out of his Spuds contract, you think he'd turn his nose up at the chance?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Who's says he's out (completely)?

If FSG were keen, and he were told, and they were willing to pay what it takes to get him out of his Spuds contract, you think he'd turn his nose up at the chance?
    Doubt Levy would allow it to happen. Certainly not at a price that FSG would be comfortable with.

Ffs. 🤦

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    We'll welcome Jurgen back to Anfield for the title presentations of 18/19 and 21/22 when City are finally sanctioned. Along with Rodgers for 13/14
    Jurgen already win both those titles fair & square, anyone capable of honesty knows undoubtedly, without question FAPGMOL handed City 18-19 & 21-22 title Jurgen won

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Doubt Levy would allow it to happen. Certainly not at a price that FSG would be comfortable with.
    If Ange himself insists on it, there's little Levy can do but to set a price that FSG would be comfortable with, rather than have an unhappy manager.

If he did something like that and priced him out of a move to a dream job, then they'd never hear the end of it as the prime excuse for why everything that went wrong after that did go wrong or why they never won anything (if they don't).

Not that I'm saying we should go for him, mind.

Just pointing out that a contract is just a piece of paper and the terms can, and often do change to suit the parties involved as circumstances change.

I mean, this isn't paying above the odds to break an Ancelotti out of his contract at the end of the day, but still.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Klopp was the perfect fit for us in every way. Can't imagine feeling the same way about any future manager. I cannot put into words how devastating this news is.

As a man who always criticised the game schedules for fear of player burnout. He now finds himself having to take a break from the game for fear of his own burnout. Irony?

He'll be back in football one day, I suspect that's why the rest of his coaching staff will be leaving alongside him. They've nailed their colours to the master of their inspirational leader. Dreams of him returning to us one day conflicted with the nightmare of facing one of his sides in Europe in the future.

Big test for FSG now, they've lost their golden goose, let's see what their business model and investment decisions yield on the pitch. In line with the character of a true gent, Klopp never slagged them off in the media and in fact defended then on several occasions. Protected them from the heat with his success, connection with the fans and public backing.

It's been one he'll of a heavy metal ride Jurgen. Your legend lives on at Liverpool for ever, the streets won't forget your name. Always represented our club with dignity, respect, passion and honesty. YNWA

Brilliant post Frasier and one a few need to ponder on.