Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Omg

For the record, this is what klopp had to say about the documentary:

Speaking about the new documentary series, Klopp said: “With this being my final season I thought we should provide a rare opportunity for viewers to have more of an inside look at what makes this club so special: its people, from our fans to our players and those who work so hard behind the scenes, constantly in pursuit of success for Liverpool Football Club.

“Thanks to this new documentary series, viewers will be able to see what I see every day at this great club, and understand those amazing people more.”For the record, this is what clop had to say about the documentary:

———————————

Anyone would think it was his idea
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I wonder if it’s a more of a ‘rare opportunity’ than Being Liverpool was.

Maybe we get this rare opportunity and a new docu series every time a new manager comes in.

Doesn’t read like like a PR script at all - honest.

Seems more likely that our Jurgen - that unwavering rock , the man who turned doubters into believers - bursting with all that integrity, that charisma and that love (the guy has the biggest heart out there) has just come down with a wicked case of the Kier Starmers

OR.......

(puts on conspiracy hat, pulls out blackboard......)

*Jockstropknobhead will love this*.......

Now that Mbappe has finally made the decision to sod off to Real Madrid at the end of the season, and we know he always loved Klopp and wanted to play for him.
    It's not coincidence that he decides this just after Klopp announces he's leaving LFC at the end of the season.

What if,.......(and stay with me here)...... the plan all along was for them to link at up Real Madrid at the end of the season for next season?

Now I know what you're all thinking,...
    "Didn't Ancelotti just sign a contract extension keeping him at Madrid for the next few years?"

And you'd be correct. That he did.
    But we also know he wants to manage the Brazil national team, who,........as circumstances would have it, still haven't hired a permanent manager replacement.

Soooo......bing... bong.... boop....move pieces here and there - Ancelotti is managing Brazil to a World Cup to win the cup that will complete his resume - he has nothing left to prove at club level; Klopp is taking over at Madrid, and LFC hire Xabi Alonso.

Klopp did say he'd never manage another club in England - sooo, promise kept there.

But at the same time the incredible title run he had with Liverpool (resulting in a win,.......fingers crossed) energized him enough that he feels he's ready for another adventure, and so he makes his way to that one other league he hasn't tested himself in and wants to with a young team that has a Bellingham (who was once linked with Liverpool), a Tchouameni (who was once linked with Liverpool) and now,...or rather soon,... a Mbappe (who has perpetually been linked to Liverpool).

Coincidence?

I think not!!!!

(**conspiracy theory hat off**)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

https://youtube.com/shorts/d6Tg2_wSPPc?si=iMNIjbE7O7-tu8su

Now that the dust has settled and I've gotten over the initial disappointment of the great man leaving. I quite like Henry's perspective.

Good for you Jurgen and enjoy your well earned break!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Doesn’t read like like a PR script at all - honest.

Seems more likely that our Jurgen - that unwavering rock , the man who turned doubters into believers - bursting with all that integrity, that charisma and that love (the guy has the biggest heart out there) has just come down with a wicked case of the Kier Starmers
    Has he ever turned you into a believer ? 😜😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Has he ever turned you into a believer ? 😜😂😂
    You know what they say mate…

..Pay peanuts - get Monkeys.

You know what they say mate…

..Pay peanuts - get Monkeys.
    Ah, the underpaid footballer & agent...

https://forums.lfconline.co.uk/showthread.php?310133-Top6-spends-analysed-by-MV-13-14-onwards

Klopps purchases at LFC €938,500,000

1 Darwin Núñez €85.00m
    2 Virgil van Dijk €84.65m
    3 Dominik Szoboszlai €70.00m
    4 Alisson €62.50m
    5 Naby Keïta €60.00m
    6 Luis Diaz €47.00m
    7 Fabinho €45.00m
    8 Diogo Jota €44.70m
    9 Mohamed Salah €42.00m
    10 Cody Gakpo €42.00m
    11 Alexis Mac Allister €42.00m
    12 Sadio Mané €41.20m
    13 Ibrahima Konaté €40.00m
    14 Ryan Gravenberch €40.00m
    15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain €38.00m
    16 Georginio Wijnaldum €27.50m
    17 Thiago €22.00m
    18 Wataru Endo €20.00m
    19 Xherdan Shaqiri €14.70m
    20 Konstantinos Tsimikas €13.00m
    21 Andrew Robertson €9.00m
    23 Takumi Minamino €8.50m
    23 Marko Grujic €7.00m
    24 Loris Karius €6.20m
    25 Fábio Carvalho €5.90m
    26 Ragnar Klavan €5.00m
    27 Calvin Ramsay €4.90m
    28 Arthur Melo Loan fee: €4.50m
    29 Ozan Kabak Loan fee: €2.50m
    30 Sepp van den Berg €1.90m
    31 Ben Davies €1.85m
    32 Joel Matip free transfer
    33 Alexander Manninger free transfer
    34 Dominic Solanke free transfer
    35 Andy Lonergan free transfer
    36 Adrián free transfer
    37 Steven Caulker loan transfer

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jurgen-klopp/spielertransfers/trainer/118/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=120230

Fairly sure we had a tribunal settlement for Solanke

Peps expeniture at city €1,492,058,181

On 48 fee'd players

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pep-guardiola/spielertransfers/trainer/5672/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=128184

Ah CC - you know how to ruin a witty response.

You have heard of the Monkees? The song ‘I’m a believer’…?

Never mind. 😞

Big list of Klopp’s signings & we cashed in on plenty to offset and fund. Comparing his spend with Pep is disingenuous imo as Pep inherited a £billion squad that was already the best in the land by a distance. Pep has spent double what Jurgen has net since we won number 6 BTW.

So:

£462 million net spent….since 2014! 10 years..!

‘Interestingly, the Reds (€462m) rank below the likes of newly monied Newcastle (€671m), as well as West Ham (€526m) and Aston Villa (€483m’

https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-net-spend-transfers-decade-rivals-ranked/

Highlights to me, and to most just how much Klopp has been carrying the club on a back that cannot bear the weight any longer.

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/football/news/liverpool-transfer-spending-compared-premier-league-reds/uhldbidelryqty7xq67fiwlh

Ah CC - you know how to ruin a witty response.

You have heard of the Monkees? The song ‘I’m a believer’…?

Never mind. 😞

Big list of Klopp’s signings & we cashed in on plenty to offset and fund. Comparing his spend with Pep is disingenuous imo as Pep inherited a £billion squad that was already the best in the land by a distance. Pep has spent double what Jurgen has net since we won number 6 BTW.

So:

£462 million net spent….since 2014! 10 years..!

‘Interestingly, the Reds (€462m) rank below the likes of newly monied Newcastle (€671m), as well as West Ham (€526m) and Aston Villa (€483m’

https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/liverpool-net-spend-transfers-decade-rivals-ranked/

Highlights to me, and to most just how much Klopp has been carrying the club on a back that cannot bear the weight any longer.

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/football/news/liverpool-transfer-spending-compared-premier-league-reds/uhldbidelryqty7xq67fiwlh
    I use facts as the basis of arguments, I use wit for derision. I find wit is a poor substitute for argument.

I've given my link to the Net spends since 13/14 through to today,
    And I've given the net market value consequences from the net spending on transfers. Gross spending & income posted too.

My analysis of spending is more thorough than any article posted on this site. It's a rather comprehensive breakdown.

Hard to be disingenuous about the topic when I've posted the best analysis and provided you with the link.

And as said elsewhere,
    1) Romans net spend per season is comparable with fsgs rather than Toddy.
    2) And the correlation claimed between spend & performance is rather spurious.
    3) And after 10 years there are few assets remaining from the time before the past decade.

Also that cies data is suspect. Pointed it out to Daffyd when he posted a BBC article based on an article of theirs, as you have done.

https://football-observatory.com/WeeklyPost448

Here's the daffyd article link just look up cities numbers here, and ask yourself you trust honest CC's or CItiES numbers !!