Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

I'd be happy with Ljinders too. He was surely their first port of call but for whatever reason has decided to leave.
    Probably too big a job for his first stint,becomes damaged goods if it didn't work.

You're right about Arteta but some Arsenal fans were not thrilled at his appointment and he was under massive pressure at the start of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Slot would really concern me tees.
    He's certainly not one of the ones I'd go for but I can see why they're interested. The whole ETH thing at Utd has alarm bells ringing. He looked very good at Ajax.

Wasn't it Ljnders who suggested the idea of the inside fullback? when teams play down the right side we are messed up in the centre of defence. because everything is pushed across and we often left with 1 centre back because the other centre back is defending the right back area. thats the out ball teams do against us.
    I don't want any manager coming up with crazy ideas.. a proper 4/3/3. If Trent can't defend. we get in someone who can
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Arteta had played in our league and coached in our league, learning from one of the best managers to grace the Premier League.

Plus, Arsenal were nowhere near the level we are as Klopp departs. It’s losing the position Klopp has dragged us to during his tenure.

Right now, I would be far happier with Lijnders, who has similar coaching experience to that of Arteta when he went to Arsenal, but no managerial experience, than pretty much everyone on our shortlist
    So had Gerrard...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Dunno what the problem is, forget Alonso, never mind 45 unbeaten, runaway winners of the Bundesliga and favourites to lift the Europa, Slot won the Dutch Cup this season.
    His side won the Eredivisie last year, yes?

If so, it's interesting (but not altogether surprising) that Alonso, Amorim and Slot - who have all had the most media coverage - have all disrupted the natural order of things in some respect in their respective League.

Eredivisie is a tricky read - not the best League by any stretch. He does play a 4-3-3 so a more "natural fit" than Amorim. If (speculation) Amorim wanted to stick to a 3-4-3 then we aren't a super fit without transfers - we are relatively weak for centre-back depth if Matip goes and we would want at least three, then there'd be two in midfield while we have loads of mids.

I do still wonder if an interim for a 1-2 year spell may occur. Would rather have a vision as to the plan going forward though.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Defo. Imagine the furore if Alonso hadn't played for Liverpool. He'd be a nobody too with no track record. It's just sentimental thoughts clouded things.
    I can't deny him playing for LFC has a romantic touch. Still think his record in Spains lower leagues was impressive, and I'd have signed him up when the news broke, even if Bayern ended up winning the league as many speculated they would at that time.

Lijnders is the clouded senimental one
    Had a go at being a manager and his team performed worse under him than the guy before him. He's had very limited experience and it was poor.

Are we seriously going to replace Klopp with Ten Hag light?

Fuck me
    May well Slot right into Klops shoes.....i guess many of you have said similar...lol

Think the Dutch league is at a similar level to the Portuguese league and both Slot's and Anorim's records are similar over the last few years, so i dont understand the excitement for Anorim and the trepedation over Slot.

Is it because of the performance of another bald Dutch manager down the road?

My worry for both him and Anorim is the ability to attract players. Klopp would definitely be a deciding factor in a lot of players decisions to join the club. I think Alonso would have a similir pull, as he was a big name in his playing days.

Tactically, Slot would be a far better fit than Anorim. Feyernood play a fast paced attacking football.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

In Slot we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Plays 433 Attacking coach

Could help him Virgil Gakpo & Gravel are all Dutchies

Good at developing players we have a few in need of that

Might retain some Klopp staff who are rated & settled at Liverpool for continuity & roles they might not have at Feyenoord through lesser facilities or resources
    I saw somewhere Lindjers is taking all the coaching staff with him.....don't quote me....lol