Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475767780 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Sky reporting that Amorim has flown to London for talks with West Ham owners.
    Seems strange he was the big favorite and now seemingly they're not going for him. Interested to know what's happened or why they aren't pursuing him.
    They probably spoke & he asked for financial backing and that was a deal breaker for FSG

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They probably spoke & he asked for financial backing and that was a deal breaker for FSG
    And you seriously think West Ham are going to give him the financial backing that FSG won't?

Besides which, even putting aside the conveniently ignored fact that Klopp seemed to get financial backing most times he needed it (VVD - most expensive CB at the time of his purchase, Allisson, 2nd most expensive goalkeeper at the time of his deal, Darwin - 85 Million, Advancing Diaz transfer to avoind Spurs swooping him, Ciacedo (wlling to spend 110 Million),....etc), a quick glance at the West Ham roster shows that unless they've really been holding out on Moyes, he's not going to get much more financial backing there than Klopp got from FSG.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

If he goes elsewhere it’s because FSG didn’t make him an offer.

West Ham over us? Not in my lifetime

Maybe his missus preferred London for the shopping.

Maybe an appointment has already been made 😉

I wouldn’t be surprised at that.

Lille manager Paulo Fonseca mentioned now.

Great for the bookies, unlimited horses in the race, and new ones joining all the time.

If FSG do have the new manager sewn up I hope they are betting that £110m on him.

I heard rooney is now fav to take over!!!!

the yanks want a name like they did at birmingham!

can't wait
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Whoever it is will be a significant downgrade sadly. We can only hope we don't make multiple misteps like Utd did after Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If he goes elsewhere it’s because FSG didn’t make him an offer.

West Ham over us? Not in my lifetime
    if we really wanted him. he'd come here. like you say. we are LFC and no disrespect to West-ham theres huge difference in stature of clubs
    So maybe its panel making this decision rather Amorim turning us down. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century