Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm not putting anybody forward.
    What was Rafa's last achievement? It was a few years ago now.
    There's a reason none of the big clubs go near him now. That's not taking anything away from his achievements either, If he's still as good as you think why isn't he at a club that are challenging or en route to doing so?
    The premier league has moved on massively from the Rafa or Mourinho play. Klopp and Pep are partly responsible for that if not completely responsible.
    I’m not going to argue about Rafa. For me he’s the best candidate. I’m not interested in unproven managers. They almost never work out. Short memories and all that.

I think you’re very wrong about the PL having changed massively. LFC and City certainly have but we’re about to lose 50% of that. The rest of the league is shite. Arsenal are still playing football from 2004. Utd and Chelsea are a shambles. What else is there?
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    I’m not going to argue about Rafa. For me he’s the best candidate. I’m not interested in unproven managers. They almost never work out. Short memories and all that.

I think you’re very wrong about the PL having changed massively. LFC and City certainly have but we’re about to lose 50% of that. The rest of the league is shite. Arsenal are still playing football from 2004. Utd and Chelsea are a shambles. What else is there?
    Spurs play good football and look like they have a manager who's got something. Not every club can take a proven manager.
    Arsenal I agree are very much like their 04 side but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Villa look on the right track too under Emery.
    The league is up for grabs when Klopp and Pep have gone. Whoever gets the right man could have a successful spell.

How many clubs in the league are playing the way Rafa sets up with a defensive mindset? Not many because it's very hard to win the premier league with that style now. Not saying it can't be done but it's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Spurs play good football and look like they have a manager who's got something. Not every club can take a proven manager.
    Arsenal I agree are very much like their 04 side but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Villa look on the right track too under Emery.
    The league is up for grabs when Klopp and Pep have gone. Whoever gets the right man could have a successful spell.

How many clubs in the league are playing the way Rafa sets up with a defensive mindset? Not many because it's very hard to win the premier league with that style now. Not saying it can't be done but it's unlikely.
    Rafa having a defensive mindset is a myth. I’ve seen multiple interviews with Carra where he corrects people on that. Rafa’s style is all about balance between attacks and defence.

Whoever takes over is going to have a different style. No one can implement the pressing game like Klopp. He has mastered it and spent the last 9 years buying players to fit his system. City will have the same problem when Pep leaves. There is no replacing those guys.

So we either change with an inexperienced manager, or we do it with an experienced manager.

Rafa’s a categoric no from me an absolutely not & I loved the guy when he was here but his best days as a manger are long since past

De Zerbi for me he’s the only one I want like Jurgen was the only one I wanted

His players do run through brick walls for him, play a top class pressing & counter pressing game comfortably handing us our ass in one of last seasons meetings in that respect

He is the continuity & development candidate just as Bob was

It’s hilarious reading that Rafa’s best days are behind him and then proposing a manager who has never had any good days in his career.

I’d not go near Alonso because I don’t think his Bundesliga experience & style will be successful in the Prem AND if he came & were successful he’d be off at the slightest hint of Barca or Real flashing their knickers at him & has previous for doing exactly that

I have. I doubt we’re we to appoint him & were he relatively successful by Jurgen’s standards of being competitive then within 3 or 4 seasons only Real or Barca would come calling and he’d be at his Nicholas Cage act again like when our Gov raised his taxes

It’s hilarious reading that Rafa’s best days are behind him and then proposing a manager who has never had any good days in his career.
    De Zerbi’s been a revelation at a club with very limited resources & the incredible transformation & evolution he made to Potter’s highly acclaimed team based on their club’s resources

To be fair, players and managers alike tend to go running when Real or Barca flash their knickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    De Zerbi’s been a revelation at a club with very limited resources & the incredible transformation & evolution he made to Potter’s highly acclaimed team based on their club’s resources
    Yes. Lots of managers do well at small clubs and completely fail at larger clubs. Very, very few can handle the pressure or manage a club like LFC. Lucky I know one who has a proven track record.

Yes. Lots of managers do well at small clubs and completely fail at larger clubs. Very, very few can handle the pressure or manage a club like LFC. Lucky I know one who has a proven track record.
    When Rafa was here he was just what we needed at that time, and tbf I was one of biggest supporters.

However, although he ticks lots of boxes, I think that his style of management is too far away from Klopps and as such will now be seen by the majority as a retrograde step.

Lets not forget when he was our manager I think he was a very divisive figure amongst our fan base and within the football fraternity. So I am not very confident that his personality, management style and his well known lack of man management.. will have a positive impact on our current squad or our fan base, so for me that particular ship has sailed.

Time for a new broom methinks…. sorry to repeat myself, but interesting times ahead thats for sure 🤞😁🤔