Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

read elsewhere "Zidane".i think he can speak 4 words in English, so that will really work out.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Has anyone watched Leverkusen much under Xabi?
    What type of football do they play?
    They play a possession based game, but also with a Klopp style counter press, and a bit of that mad Fluminense intense 'schoolyard' thing of running around close to each other in a dense pack.They also have three specific different formations depending on whether they are attacking with the ball, defending an opposing team, or pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    read elsewhere "Zidane".i think he can speak 4 words in English, so that will really work out.
    Not necessarily in the right order …🫣😵*💫😁

An attempt at bringing some humour into the proceedings … 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    They play a possession based game, but also with a Klopp style counter press, and a bit of that mad Fluminense intense 'schoolyard' thing of running around close to each other in a dense pack.They also have three specific different formations depending on whether they are attacking with the ball, defending an opposing team, or pressing.
    Not really a fan of that you make slight tweaks for certain opposition but ultimately all the games most successful ever sides have gad their formation & way of playing & let the opposition worry about them

We simply MUST retain our pressing and counter pressing as pretty much every side in the Premier League does it & the most successful do it to the highest levels it’s more important than being brilliant with the ball

Xabi Alonso:

"The only thing I regret [in my career] is not winning the Premier League with Liverpool. I'll never know how that feels and experience the reaction of the city, as I did after Istanbul. It hurts because I know the people want the league title more than anything."

The timing of Ancelotti extending his deal is very suss.

Could be they approached Alonso and he said he had already agreed to go elsewhere..

Could be, you never know

If anyone is interested the game is now live on youtube skysports football Leverkusen against Gladbach

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Xabi Alonso:

"The only thing I regret [in my career] is not winning the Premier League with Liverpool. I'll never know how that feels and experience the reaction of the city, as I did after Istanbul. It hurts because I know the people want the league title more than anything."
    Something I would be curious about in terms of a successor to Klopp is the expectations people would have in terms of League finishes - particularly someone in the earlier stages of their Managerial career, like Xabi.

Klopp's first three seasons (I know the first one he wasn't here for all of it) we managed 8th, 4th, 4th in terms of League finishes - we'll probably need some patience with a new Manager, but they'll have inherited such a good squad, so expectations will be high.

Xabi would definitely have the support of the fans anyway, which might ease some of that initial pressure.

I'd also be so curious (if he came here) as to what he might be able to do with lads like Szoboszlai, Mac Allister etc - Xabi's game intelligence was high and he was so skilled.

Will be so weird without Jürgen admittedly, but the list of people Xabi has worked with and his age are both very encouraging in terms of potential.

We can’t replace Klopp full stop. FSG will continue to run our club like a business. Whoever comes in, will still be on a tight budget. This shit show will set us back years. Klopp will take a break. Will surely take charge of the Germans for the next tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Something I would be curious about in terms of a successor to Klopp is the expectations people would have in terms of League finishes - particularly someone in the earlier stages of their Managerial career, like Xabi.

Klopp's first three seasons (I know the first one he wasn't here for all of it) we managed 8th, 4th, 4th in terms of League finishes - we'll probably need some patience with a new Manager, but they'll have inherited such a good squad, so expectations will be high.

Xabi would definitely have the support of the fans anyway, which might ease some of that initial pressure.

I'd also be so curious (if he came here) as to what he might be able to do with lads like Szoboszlai, Mac Allister etc - Xabi's game intelligence was high and he was so skilled.

Will be so weird without Jürgen admittedly, but the list of people Xabi has worked with and his age are both very encouraging in terms of potential.
    I can’t really remember alonsos personality too much. Think he’s pretty level headed sort of a chap. The thing with klopp is the loyalty he appears to cultivate and his tactical nous is somewhat underestimated. A lot of this comes from his absolute confidence in himself and his ability to brush off setbacks and appear bigger than any issues that arise. Suppose it has to take its toll eventually.
    We’ve pretty much won most of our games from the sidelines with good personnel and tactical adjustments in the second half of games this season. He’s done an astonishing amount of work on the training ground to get us back to the top of the table with new attacking patterns, pretty much inventing the box midfield which everyone is copying now and changing the attacking patterns on our right flank totally using the advanced midfielder to fill the space that Salah leaves now rather than right full back. Gonna be hard for any supposed tactical genius to top that body of work. What kind of coach is xabi being touted as. Haven’t been following his managerial career at all.