Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546474849505154 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I think I'm probably the only one on her that would give Stevie a go! But I am an old romantic...
    You say old romantic, I say you modern dirty cuck

In terms of one of our shortlist candidates -

- 25 of 34 games played.
    - 9 games left, 27 points left to play for.
    - a nice 10-point lead
    - a record of 21-4-0

Surely Bayer Leverkusen don't fluff this from here?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's pure romanticism Jozza, nothing wrong with that thought. There would be nothing better as an LFC fan to see Steven Gerrard come in and absolutely dominate. We'd all love that but in reality we know it's pure fantasy, there's nothing at all to suggest it could happen unfortunately.
    I know, and there is a good chance it wouldn't work.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but i wouldn't be overly upset if he got the job.

Also worth noting both Rafa and Jurgen have relegated clubs... Like with players, sometimes stuff just doesn't work at one club, but does at another.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In terms of one of our shortlist candidates -

- 25 of 34 games played.
    - 9 games left, 27 points left to play for.
    - a nice 10-point lead
    - a record of 21-4-0

Surely Bayer Leverkusen don't fluff this from here?
    Yep but Bayern are like a freight train. 04 know if they slip up - just once - it’s game on. Twitchy bum time and Dortmund blew it last year.

All looks great now but they are getting tight. struggled v 10 men yesterday for a long time.

Tis goin' tae be Amorim, isn't it?
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Rafa is out of a job.

just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Rafa is out of a job.

just saying
    Absolutely love the man, but his 08/09 side where we arguably peaked under him in terms of performance (no trophies that season, I know) is 15 years ago - that's a long time and I don't think the modern, Instagram-narcissist type footballer who needs constant praise and reassurance would remotely enjoy working with him.

His time is past. I think he could be a good Director of Football somewhere or something like that, but probably wouldn't be the best pick for us these days.

I suspect you were jesting / being facetious to be fair, but in case you weren't.

Yeah I was just throwing it out there, more as a comment on the constant managerial merry-go-round and serious point - managers (even good ones) can become available at the drop of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Yeah I was just throwing it out there, more as a comment on the constant managerial merry-go-round and serious point - managers (even good ones) can become available at the drop of a hat.
    I think Rafa could probably do well with getting a breather and lower-maintenance work where you don't need to be at the pinnacle of cutting edge footie.

I'd actually quite like to see him take an international job with a "lesser" side on the World stage - something like the Republic of Ireland job maybe.

I like the idea of Rafa taking a small country to the World Cup! he'd be a hero for life.