Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortlist

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Can you imagine the meltdown on here if we ended up Gary O'Neill!
    Troy Deeney has put him forward for the job.
    Done a good job at Wolves to be fair to him.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think you're right.
    Most of the people linked are obviously with teams who are playing well,playing good football in their own way.
    Whoever gets the job has a tremendous squad and whilst it might take them time to get them playing exactly how they want it's a far easier task than rebuilding a team like Klopp had to do it taking over from someone who's been given the boot like numerous Utd and Chelsea managers have over the years. I'm not especially worried about whoever gets the job.
    We can enjoy what's left of JK's time and sweat on it later if we need to.
    Man Jurgen Klopp man. A Karius mistake, a Courtouis worldie, Shitty twice by a point. And to think the squad we had when he came in, the limitations in budget. The quality of his signings. He deserves this one more league title if there is a footballing God. He is a messiah of Liverpool. He made us great again.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Man Jurgen Klopp man. A Karius mistake, a Courtouis worldie, Shitty twice by a point. And to think the squad we had when he came in, the limitations in budget. The quality of his signings. He deserves this one more league title if there is a footballing God. He is a messiah of Liverpool. He made us great again.
    He absolutely does deserve more than one title.
    We just have to hope,wait and see if it happens.
    It'll be heartbreaking for us to see this team miss out by a point or two again if that's what happens,can't even imagine how it would make him feel.
    They could and will give everything again like they always do and it still might just fall short. It.would hurt more to see Arsenal win it than City I think but either way none of us would change a minute of his time at Liverpool, he's 100% the best thing to happen to this club in I'd guess most of our lifetimes.
    What will be will be.

He absolutely does deserve more than one title.
    We just have to hope,wait and see if it happens.
    It'll be heartbreaking for us to see this team miss out by a point or two again if that's what happens,can't even imagine how it would make him feel.
    They could and will give everything again like they always do and it still might just fall short. It.would hurt more to see Arsenal win it than City I think but either way none of us would change a minute of his time at Liverpool, he's 100% the best thing to happen to this club in I'd guess most of our lifetimes.
    What will be will be.
    It'll be heartbreaking for all of us, if we don't win it this season.... I don't have much hope for the near future tbh
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It'll be heartbreaking for all of us, if we don't win it this season.... I don't have much hope for the near future tbh
    There's plenty to be hopeful about Kev. At the end of the day the only thing that's stopped us having a period of pure domination is a club who've shit on the rulebook and an exceptional manager who also happens to be a dirty little cheat.
    He'll be gone soon too. That leaves the landscape for whoever has the right set up. Ourselves and Arsenal are in the best position going forward I'd say.

There's plenty to be hopeful about Kev. At the end of the day the only thing that's stopped us having a period of pure domination is a club who've shit on the rulebook and an exceptional manager who also happens to be a dirty little cheat.
    He'll be gone soon too. That leaves the landscape for whoever has the right set up. Ourselves and Arsenal are in the best position going forward I'd say.
    that's wishful thinking with FSG
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

i like your think but I think it’s wishful thinking tees. When we lose Klopp we lose EVERYTHING that took us from obscurity. All 3 London clubs become more attractive destinations - Both Manchester clubs will attract more and Newcastle are sniffing around.

ing

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    i like your think but I think it’s wishful thinking tees. When we lose Klopp we lose EVERYTHING that took us from obscurity. All 3 London clubs become more attractive destinations - Both Manchester clubs will attract more and Newcastle are sniffing around.
    We're not in obscurity anymore though. We were back then yes but hes built the club into something that pretty many ch anyone would want to come to.
    That's where our situation is different, there's no rebuild to do, the squad is outstanding. It's primed for someone to come in and take it into new and possibly better things.
    We don't suddenly become unattractive because Klopp is leaving, he's obviously a huge draw but LFC will always be bigger than any one person.

It seems inconceivable that someone could come in and take this squad onto better things. Fans back in the day probably thought similar when Shankly left.
    Only my opinion but I'm more optimistic about the future because of Klopp leaving in a way, because of what's he done. He's built us a future, no manager has done that in god knows how long at Liverpool.

We're not in obscurity anymore though. We were back then yes but hes built the club into something that pretty many ch anyone would want to come to.
    That's where our situation is different, there's no rebuild to do, the squad is outstanding. It's primed for someone to come in and take it into new and possibly better things.
    We don't suddenly become unattractive because Klopp is leaving, he's obviously a huge draw but LFC will always be bigger than any one person.

It seems inconceivable that someone could come in and take this squad onto better things. Fans back in the day probably thought similar when Shankly left.
    Only my opinion but I'm more optimistic about the future because of Klopp leaving in a way, because of what's he done. He's built us a future, no manager has done that in god knows how long at Liverpool.
    Agree with all that tees.

Still think we'll sign Alonso, looks like the heat is off him for the rest of the season in terms of media annoyances