Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Hence my included caveat of "despite how I lay out these sorts of thoughts I am genuinely infinitely more focused on us just handling our own business" - the stuff just floats into my head for some passing seconds now and then and there's no harm in sharing.

Ultimately almost all I'll be thinking about (in a football context) this week is beating Arsenal.
    It's natural for fans to get excited about this stuff. Nothing wrong with that. We're top of the league and flying. Arsenal were exactly the same last season and I'm sure their fans were having the same conversations. Ultimately it means nothing right now.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

As amazing as Bradley has been, I think he needs his game time managed. He’s just come back from injury related to him “growing”… it would be a shame if he suffered a setback. I was surprised (but thrilled) that he started last night. Klopp knows best.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    As amazing as Bradley has been, I think he needs his game time managed. He’s just come back from injury related to him “growing”… it would be a shame if he suffered a setback. I was surprised (but thrilled) that he started last night. Klopp knows best.
    He'll be managed - Trent won't stay out of the side for very long, irrespective of how good Bradley has been.

Alisson

Bradley Konate Van Dijk Gomez

Szloboslai Mac Allister Jones

Jota Nunez Diaz

I was please to see in the last couple of games our reverting more to a 433 with a designated RB attacking full back doing what Trent used to to how well we worked the space with the switches left to right & right to left now we have midfielders who can do that rather than just one & Virgil & Konate & even Gomez doing that from LB & Nunez doing it when he dropped off out wide at LFWD

For me it’s worked much better than Trent showboating in midfield like a prancing pony & cut out a lot of the needless overplaying we had been seeing, we suddenly look a lot more threatening again It would be nice to see Trent operate as he used to from RB in some games again as his ability to play in the forwards from RB would add something, hopefully he’s receptive to doing that & what’s best for the team rather than his midfield aspirations taking him over

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    It's natural for fans to get excited about this stuff. Nothing wrong with that. We're top of the league and flying. Arsenal were exactly the same last season and I'm sure their fans were having the same conversations. Ultimately it means nothing right now.
    City are reliant on us doing an Arsenal 22/23 and failing in the last furlong, so like the Chelsea game if we can beat Arsenal at Arsenal that will not only be a massive blow for Arsenals title challenge, but it will also be a massive punch right in the solar plexis of City, because you can guarantee that they are so hoping, like they were with Chelsea, that Arsenal do them a favour and take points off us… thats were we win the psychological battle with City…

So the mantra has to be 100% focus on our next game, nothing else.

If we can manage to do that, it just keeps our foot on City’s throat…

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Alisson

Bradley Konate Van Dijk Gomez

Szloboslai Mac Allister Jones

Jota Nunez Diaz

I was please to see in the last couple of games our reverting more to a 433 with a designated RB attacking full back doing what Trent used to to how well we worked the space with the switches left to right & right to left now we have midfielders who can do that rather than just one & Virgil & Konate & even Gomez doing that from LB & Nunez doing it when he dropped off out wide at LFWD

For me it’s worked much better than Trent showboating in midfield like a prancing pony & cut out a lot of the needless overplaying we had been seeing, we suddenly look a lot more threatening again It would be nice to see Trent operate as he used to from RB in some games again as his ability to play in the forwards from RB would add something, hopefully he’s receptive to doing that & what’s best for the team rather than his midfield aspirations taking him over
    Have to agree. At our best the fullbacks were so instrumental.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Núñez a doubt for the weekend - wearing a protective boot.

The fact he is a "doubt" suggests bad bruising and some swelling - possible a pain-killing injection, some ice and a reduction in swelling should see him start, or come off the bench.

Worst-case-scenario we have Gakpo and just approach the game slightly differently. Still a squad full of quality.

Mind James ahead of the weekend perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    City are reliant on us doing an Arsenal 22/23 and failing in the last furlong, so like the Chelsea game if we can beat Arsenal at Arsenal that will not only be a massive blow for Arsenals title challenge, but it will also be a massive punch right in the solar plexis of City, because you can guarantee that they are so hoping, like they were with Chelsea, that Arsenal do them a favour and take points off us… thats were we win the psychological battle with City…

So the mantra has to be 100% focus on our next game, nothing else.

If we can manage to do that, it just keeps our foot on City’s throat…
    Agreed. City will smell blood any time we slip up. 100% focus on Arsenal, then on to the next.

Nunez will be a big miss for the Arsenal game though. I reckon he would have caused them nightmares.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

He trained, he’ll play