Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal

Jurgen Klopp spoke of a “luxury problem” in his pre-match press conference, as key players are returning from injury and those brought in to cover for them are in outstanding form.

It gives the manager tough decisions to make as he prepares his starting lineup, with a squad of 25 working at the AXA Training Centre on Friday
    That included Darwin Nunez (foot), Kostas Tsimikas (collarbone) and Thiago (hip), who all appear to have shaken off fitness problems to rejoin full training.

Nunez had been considered a doubt for the tie for a matter of hours, after an update in Klopp’s press conference, but the Uruguayan was able to train despite a blow in the midweek win over Chelsea.

Alexis Mac Allister is also fit having suffered a knock to the knee in the 4-1 victory, and could be expected to start at the Emirates.

It was a jovial atmosphere among the squad as they first worked in the gym before heading out to the training pitches, with Klopp’s staff running them through a series of drills.

Led by Pepijn Lijnders and head of fitness and conditioning Andreas Kornmayer, the squad were split up into groups of seven for rondos.

Nunez and Mac Allister worked with Diogo Jota, Andy Robertson, Luis Diaz, Dominik Szoboszlai and Trent Alexander-Arnold.
    Tsimikas and Thiago joined Virgil van Dijk, Cody Gakpo, Ryan Gravenberch, Joe Gomez and Ibrahima Konate, while the third group consisted of Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Jarell Quansah, Conor Bradley, Kaide Gordon, Bobby Clark and James McConnell.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He trained, he’ll play
    Great news.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Have to say… I am not loving the language or joviality leading into this one. Arsenal look primed to pop a balloon.

Personally I would have gone for a more ‘us against the world’ narrative

But then again - I know sweet FA about this and Jurgen seems to know what he is doing.

Conor Bradley's dad died. Poor lad, from up hight, to down low. Life can be hard.
    Many condolences to Conor and his family....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Conor Bradley's dad died. Poor lad, from up hight, to down low. Life can be hard.
    Many condolences to Conor and his family....
    Well said.

What an absolute tragedy for the lad… A rollercoaster of emotion. So young too, Hopefully his father will have been fully aware of his son’s superb emergence into the Liverpool first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well said.

What an absolute tragedy for the lad… A rollercoaster of emotion. So young too, Hopefully his father will have been fully aware of his son’s superb emergence into the Liverpool first team.
    Awful news. Condolences to Connor and his family and friends. 58 is no age. I bet he's so proud of Connor and that Chelsea performance was something special for him during a tough time. Very sad and I'm sure the club will leave the decision for tomorrow with Connor....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Awful news. Condolences to Connor and his family and friends. 58 is no age. I bet he's so proud of Connor and that Chelsea performance was something special for him during a tough time. Very sad and I'm sure the club will leave the decision for tomorrow with Connor....
    What did he die from ? Seems very young to be leaving this world

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What did he die from ? Seems very young to be leaving this world
    I'm not sure CC, but there's a lot of very young people leaving this world these last few years....

Man that is really sad. For that to happen just as things are taking off for him.
    What a cruel world this is at times.

wow sorry to hear that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century