Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we turn up in the 2nd half?

Why do we turn up in the 2nd half?

How poor have we been first half of most games this season and completely different in 2nd half?

Interesting table

https://1x2stats.com/en-gb/ENG/Premier-League/table/second-half/
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Because it's show business darling, imagine if it was the other way round

Don’t mind it personally - what matters is the score after FT.

Long may it continue. But get your point - must be tiring for the players. Requires a huge emotional input on top of the physical.

Be nice to get ahead and stay ahead with controlled play, but that ain’t Klopp ball

#FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Because Jurgen always read my “Over to Jurgen to make sure we’re a lot better in the second half” comment and shows it to the lads 😂😂😂

I'd love to see isolated 1st v 2nd half stats for possession, high-risk forward passes, pressing attempts, sprints and collective kilometres covered.

My lazy tinfoil hat theory is that we may be doing stuff differently in the conditioning department with a view to conserving (some) energy - ie giving "enough" (70-80% effort or whatever in terms of physical exertion) in the first half in the hope we lead and can control a game (ideal scenario) or if we are still level (or behind) we are still equipped to "go through the gears" (give our all) for a prolonged spell in the second half.

I am probably waaaaay off with that idea, but at times it "feels" that way. It's also just entirely possible that Klopp is a very, very effective half-time team-talker.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd love to see isolated 1st v 2nd half stats for possession, high-risk forward passes, pressing attempts, sprints and collective kilometres covered.

My lazy tinfoil hat theory is that we may be doing stuff differently in the conditioning department with a view to conserving (some) energy - ie giving "enough" (70-80% effort or whatever in terms of physical exertion) in the first half in the hope we lead and can control a game (ideal scenario) or if we are still level (or behind) we are still equipped to "go through the gears" (give our all) for a prolonged spell in the second half.

I am probably waaaaay off with that idea, but at times it "feels" that way. It's also just entirely possible that Klopp is a very, very effective half-time team-talker.
    A very 70’s idea “ Rope a dope “ tactics, not sure you are onto to something, but so far so good. It might be working so far, but I tell you what, it’s certainly not bloody good for my health ffs… lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I said the same thing a few weeks back. Play within ourselves for 45mins a conserve energy for the 2nd half.

I don't think that was the case last night mind, I thought we were on from kick off. Just some poor finishing was the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I said the same thing a few weeks back. Play within ourselves for 45mins a conserve energy for the 2nd half.

I don't think that was the case last night mind, I thought we were on from kick off. Just some poor finishing was the difference.
    I'll happily admit I didn't see last night's game - I was at an ecology meeting.

Held under a biodegradable canopy with native fauna tent pegs I trust?