Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea (League Cup Final)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    How is that allowed? I just do not understand it. He is going to be a fan of a Manchester club AND regardless - even IF by some miracle chance he isn’t - he is still a MANC. They hate Liverpool and everything about the city,

Totally compromised.
    Pound to a penny its Taylor for City H and Tierney for Utd A. Just out of interest which English refs have been picked for the Euros?

Tough decision, tough headache when you are successful and juggling so much. To win a final will be a massive boost for so many of the squad who are young and new here. Of course they have won things elsewhere notably Maccalister winning the biggest prize of all.

So the conundrum do you have one eye on the bigger prizes ahead or do you absolutely gobble up the one in front of you. That is the issue with Salah/Nunez if they are 85% fit do you play them, play them from the start or think about the league? Injuries in football and life are unpredictable. Canizares goalkeeper of Spain missed a WC because he dropped a shaving bottle or something and the glass cut him or something. So though you don't want to aggravate or risk, but in football risk is always there. You could not play them and lose the final and play them against Forest and they get injured. You just never know.

For me Sunday is our biggest game right here and now. Play whoever is fit and available.

And the less said about Wednesdays match v Southampton the better

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    There's a lot to juggle, for sure.

But of all that we could have hoped for, a match at Anfield against a side outside of the Premier League isn't at all dreadful.

A blend of seniors and youth will likely be enough, with some seniors able to be subbed off if we get a lead.

Worst-case-scenario we get knocked out and have a few less fixtures to worry about it later on.

If we enter that match as League Cup Champions heads will be high.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post

Agree - However… despite paying through the nose for tickets I defo don’t want anyone risked for the Saints. Both me and my lad happy to see a team of kids.

Didn’t know the injuries would be as bad as they are tbf… but I did panic after the announcement - and wanted to make sure I saw Klopp ‘runnin tings’ at Anfield again before he departs. Still have hope for Spurs game but tickets R extremely scarce & prices are looking totally wild.

Do I want us to win and progress - yes - would I risk another injury to a key player..? No.. What will Jurgen do?

Think it depends hugely on this result. Many might not agree but I believe IF we beat Chelsea - then they all get a rest - lose that game - and I fear he goes much stronger. Trying to turn a page.

We are in a right pickle here with so many players out - Who he picks for this final could be a season defining moment.

Agree with that last bit Steveo. Just beat Chelsea, win this cup and rest players v Southampton sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Tough decision, tough headache when you are successful and juggling so much. To win a final will be a massive boost for so many of the squad who are young and new here. Of course they have won things elsewhere notably Maccalister winning the biggest prize of all.

So the conundrum do you have one eye on the bigger prizes ahead or do you absolutely gobble up the one in front of you. That is the issue with Salah/Nunez if they are 85% fit do you play them, play them from the start or think about the league?
    The degree of fitness and the likelihood (or not) of a set-back will be key.

If someone said "Salah and Núñez can play, but there's a 1-in-4 chance that doing so for this game causes a good chance of re-occurence of injury" then I save them both for the Forest match.

As strong as we can go with FULLY fit players against Chelsea, kids and fringe against Southampton, as strong as we can go against Forest.

Firmly believe that the longer the lads remain in with a chance of a League title, the better it also does for our Cup attempts in terms of belief, momentum, mentality and motivation - and beating Chelsea (if we can) would be an enormous shot in the arm to take into the remaining weeks before the international break.

We went into a Champion’s league final v Real with 2/3 of our midfield unfit.

Rarely ends well.

A little League Cup warm up for Sunday....

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The degree of fitness and the likelihood (or not) of a set-back will be key.

If someone said "Salah and Núñez can play, but there's a 1-in-4 chance that doing so for this game causes a good chance of re-occurence of injury" then I save them both for the Forest match.

As strong as we can go with FULLY fit players against Chelsea, kids and fringe against Southampton, as strong as we can go against Forest.

Firmly believe that the longer the lads remain in with a chance of a League title, the better it also does for our Cup attempts in terms of belief, momentum, mentality and motivation - and beating Chelsea (if we can) would be an enormous shot in the arm to take into the remaining weeks before the international break.

Agree.