Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Southampton

Bless him Danns what a lad, that lad is going to make some No9 if he keeps working hard 2 top quality goals tonight a really sound down to earth lad

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    The kids are alright.
    Danns interviewed really well tonight to compliment his finishing.

Imagine being them kids scoring tonight, at anfield, wow must be some feeling.

Was at work, after the first 10 mins i saw the headline "southampton miss 3 great chances" ---- was thinking the worst.

2nd HALF AGAIN!!!!! boom.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

What was the finishing 11 average age?

Super super!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Imagine being them kids scoring tonight, at anfield, wow must be some feeling.

Was at work, after the first 10 mins i saw the headline "southampton miss 3 great chances" ---- was thinking the worst.

2nd HALF AGAIN!!!!! boom.
    So you didn't see the game? Frustrating for you.

First 35 minutes or so Southampton were very good at playing out from the back - quick passes between keeper and back four to lure us in and then beating the press playing out. Our midfield didn't deal with it very well (our press was a bit disjointed) but getting our goal really helped us.

Things improved further for us after the introduction of Mac Allister - timing and decision-making on our press was better, we also kept the ball a bit better too and didn't always rush a pass as we had a lead to sit on.

3-0 flatters us slightly performance-wise but Southampton fluffed their lines and that's on them - Kelleher made some good stops again and Konate (second half for Van Dijk who played first half) made some key interceptions sniffing out danger to assist with the clean sheet.

A better side punishes us early doors but we did the job and the kids got the best of both in terms of having a bit of a reality check whilst still getting the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    So you didn't see the game? Frustrating for you.

First 35 minutes or so Southampton were very good at playing out from the back - quick passes between keeper and back four to lure us in and then beating the press playing out. Our midfield didn't deal with it very well (our press was a bit disjointed) but getting our goal really helped us.

Things improved further for us after the introduction of Mac Allister - timing and decision-making on our press was better, we also kept the ball a bit better too and didn't always rush a pass as we had a lead to sit on.

3-0 flatters us slightly performance-wise but Southampton fluffed their lines and that's on them - Kelleher made some good stops again and Konate (second half for Van Dijk who played first half) made some key interceptions sniffing out danger to assist with the clean sheet.

A better side punishes us early doors but we did the job and the kids got the best of both in terms of having a bit of a reality check whilst still getting the win.
    Thanks for that sid, and yeah I missed it, I hate the 2-10s miss all the football, will miss it on saturday too. rotates between 6-2 2-10
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

No disrespect to Ben Woodburn. he did well in his younger years as a forward. but didn't quite make it at the top level
    Due to his stature and lack of pace.. I know its early days but i have to say Danns seems to have pace and a decent height and seems to be able to neatly finish chances. you can understand why a lot are raving about him
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Thanks for that sid, and yeah I missed it, I hate the 2-10s miss all the football, will miss it on saturday too. rotates between 6-2 2-10
    No worries Kev - I used to miss games and would often ask for a little summary and there'd always be a few who very kindly obliged - more than happy to help.

Not the best game in truth, but another good opportunity to see the potential future players.

I really hate getting carried away (we’ve been here before many times), but Danns does seem to be a natural striker; something we haven’t had for quite some time. In our current situation with injuries, I would definitely have him in the match day squad for the foreseeable future. Give the lad a couple of runouts, to see if he really has got what it takes. He certainly can’t be a worst option in that position than Gakpo.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!