Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest

I said Elliott has had one 90 minute PL game - which shows how he's not playing all the time at the highest level.
    He's started in the cups where we tied to face lesser quality teams.

I've stated he's had 4 consecutive starts recently which isn't a injury risk factor as I see it. He didn't get injured which surely counts for something.

I've stated he's not the quickest player which could be a natural protector against injury, giving higher cortisol levels as a basis for both.

Again, take what you like from Klopp press pieces.
    I called BS on his Ward no1 and other press releases, hope you take them with a pinch more salt given he started Elliott and didn't get injured as a result.

Tend

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I was surprised Elliott started yesterday although needs must. Wasn't surprised he was subbed in the second half. Not because he's shite either, I've just been reading that he's one of the best young midfielders in the premier league

https://onefootball.com/en/news/harvey-elliott-the-premier-leagues-dark-horse-39136918
    Hmm come back when he's had a full season

Klopp doesn't start him for a reason when we have a full fit midfield

Klopp even played gakpo over him sometimes......

But obviously Klopp has no idea and elliots the best midfielder we have and better than Rodri.

People need to stop overhyping players based on a few games, when we're playing well and winning everyone seems amazing right, soon as we start losing said players that have been overhyped are the reason we're losing.

Football ey.

I mean look at the stick gomez use to get, now he's been one of our best players and well needed, but I wonder if we went through a bad patch..... it would be all his fault. lols
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd March 2024 at 02:34 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Severely underrated player by so many. Thank the lord Klopp knows different and appreciates him so much. Has been over used over the last 4 games and will surely get some much earned rest now.
    Is that why he's started every game and not started because of a injury crisis? because Klopp think he's the best? That why Klopps played gakpo in midfield at times over Elliot? Wait wasn't elliot just a super sub 2 weeks ago and shit when he started? I can't keep up with what people say on here, it changes every week

Lord Klopp knows different indeed
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd March 2024 at 02:41 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I said Elliott has had one 90 minute PL game - which shows how he's not playing all the time at the highest level.
    He's started in the cups where we tied to face lesser quality teams.

I've stated he's had 4 consecutive starts recently which isn't a injury risk factor as I see it. He didn't get injured which surely counts for something.

I've stated he's not the quickest player which could be a natural protector against injury, giving higher cortisol levels as a basis for both.

Again, take what you like from Klopp press pieces.
    I called BS on his Ward no1 and other press releases, hope you take them with a pinch more salt given he started Elliott and didn't get injured as a result.

Look I totally agree - you cannot take what Jürgen says to the media as gospel of any kind. But there is no PR angle in what he said. He volunteered it.

Just seems obvious to me that Elliott would be a prime candidate for yet another muscle injury And unable to perform at anything close to his best away Nottingham yesterday after the marathon week he has had.

It is either yet more physio room incompetence that led to him starting or the very likely case that we just could not risk anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Is that why he's started every game and not started because of a injury crisis? because Klopp think he's the best? That why Klopps played gakpo in midfield at times over Elliot? Wait wasn't elliot just a super sub 2 weeks ago and shit when he started? I can't keep up with what people say on here, it changes every week

Lord Klopp knows different indeed
    Sorry… but who said Klopp thinks he is the best btw? And my view of Harvey has not changed in 3 seasons.

2 things are more often than not true at the same time. Elliott has often been overlooked as a starter because Klopp’s system is better suited to a larger, more physically athletic player - But that has ZERO to do with how Klopp feels about Elliott’s quality & even less to do with the level Elliott is actually at.

Go to a game - I am convinced that you’ll see all that off the ball work - actually watch him - then tell me he isn’t one of the most progressive and constructive players on the park. But at his tender age - as I felt always with Jordan Henderson - in an ideal world - he is a squad player. He isn’t yet a starter in a side that is competing on multiple fronts. Necessity is what has seen him suddenly start 4 games in a row.

Let’s not forget, the lad is just 20..!

that’s been his role this season UNTiL he had to step up and start as a senior alongside Academy lads in huge games.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Look I totally agree - you cannot take what Jürgen says to the media as gospel of any kind. But there is no PR angle in what he said. He volunteered it.

Just seems obvious to me that Elliott would be a prime candidate for yet another muscle injury And unable to perform at anything close to his best away Nottingham yesterday after the marathon week he has had.

It is either yet more physio room incompetence that led to him starting or the very likely case that we just could not risk anyone else.
    I've seen Klopp elated but after the cup final win he looked like he was on drugs. He was that naturally high. You can discard a lot of what people say when they're high as a kite. Klopp in these instances loves to dish out praise to all around him for the successes.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/harvey-elliott/verletzungen/spieler/565822

Elliott has 1 recorded injury. A dislocation fracture of the ankle joint missing 140 days and 34 games. He hasn't missed a game due to a muscle injury by their record.

He doesn't seem to be a high risk for muscle injuries type of player so far. Nor was the demand on him all that much. A little bit of overtime, in an at times underemployed season.

In minutes this season, he's not played a game a week this season on average - posted earlier in the thread.
    Due to injuries he's got his chance to play more.

Fairly sure players like that, deemed by Klopp to be good eggs, relish the chance to play every game even if not wanting to see team mates out due to muscle injuries & nasty tackles.

#ViNdIcAtEd

(Chelsea close the gap to 25 points!!)

yes Chelsea have had a shite show of a season - we had one last season. It happens. They have had huge upheaval though in case you hadn’t noticed. Club ripped out of th brands of the best thing that ever happened to them. A billionaire owner who genuinely loved the sport with a passion - was willing to do whatever he could t get the best players and managers and who crucially knew where to draw the line. Now in the hands of a billionaire bumpkin - learning on the job.