Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

An absolutely incredible manager exceptional human being & a true blessing on the sport is leaving us in the summer almost certainly because of the blatant corruption in our league & the long standing anyone but Liverpool sentiment across the board

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Come on Kev, you are right that we should have taken our chances but that has nothing to do with the fact that we were robbed at the death.

That is a 100% stone wall penalty - not given - and it would have won us the game.
    Diaz was amazing covered every blade of grass, yes he failed to either hit the target with two amazing chances or even get his shot off on another three amazing chances, so yes that was incredibly disappointing.

However, it was his all action display that constantly put City on the back foot, and got the fans off their seats constantly lighting the blue touch paper under our crowd, without that contribution I am not sure if Endo and Macca would have had the opportunity to influence the game as much as they dud and end up having such amazing games…

So for me, Diaz for sure was the catalyst for almost everything that was brilliant last night..

But i have to agree with Steveo, it was a stonewall penalty and the true litmus test for the argument, was it or was it not a penalty, is simple…. ask any supporter from Europe and South America who have no allegiance to either club if that was a penalty and I am confident 90%+ would say stonewall penalty..

Even Pep would if that happened to them at the Etihad…

Yes it was a penalty, and we can all feel hurt again about the ofifcials..... BUT the game should have been won before then too, in our own hands.... and we fucked it, basically getting a fat bonus and pissing it up the wall with a huge hangover the next day you can run all you want and do all the tricks but if the ball doesn't end up in the back of the net, makes no difference.

with or without VAR, still 2 pts dropped in the end, 2 big pts

Diaz needs to score more, simple as really. gakpo is only one goal behind diaz, and jota has scored three more with 8 games less played

Needs to do more, than run and skills, he gets the least assists too, it's not good enough and won't win us the league however you put it let us down bigtime yesterday if that was nunez he'd be gettign so much stick right now from people on here and pundits, when Jota plays the differnece is huge, I fear his injury will cost us bigtime, but that's the issue with jota, not good enough for me, sorry, not saying Diaz out but he doesn't start when everyone fit in my team.

End of the day, goals what matter ,or at least making them, which he didn't do either, but at least he ran.. -_-

That was league 1 standard

He's not mane, with mane of a few years ago we're winning everything this year

Left side is lacking compared to the right, Salah and nunez get on much better.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 11th March 2024 at 09:31 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Kelleher

Bradley Quansah Van Dijk Gomez

Szloboslai Endo Mac Allister

Elliott Nunez Diaz

Amazing to think that line up took the game to a brilliant City team with no fear at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Keep obsessing over Victim FC (To you anyway)

don't take your chances not gonna win

you little snidey cunt for no reason, you're a big man init

Truth hurt?

Get back on your ADHD medication, and seek help maybe therapy over your trauma and VAR you wetwipe
    Look i was sorry with that comment. this is how i see it.. Our players suffer with huge injuries, and fight for the cause all the time. they give everything.. we get less protection than any other team when it comes to contact. The Brentford game for example. and then refs give little non contact free kicks against us. thats just a little bit of the story. the main issue being we are constantly robbed when it comes to vital decisions and its been going on for years.. but this season in particular its been pathetically bad.
    You saw in the Spurs game. Darren England was so backward in his thinking. he got confused when we scored. he didnt want that outcome. so the bastard froze. and didnt say diddly squat on the audio for at least a minute and half. only thing he said was OFFSIDE about 2 thirds of the way in.
    Sure Diaz should have scored at least time with all the chances he had. But thats not the situation here. we were denied a match winning penalty AGAIN.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Nunez was great second half v City I know we have to be careful he’d have probably won it if we’d been able to keep him on

The problem is with Nunez and Szoboszlai and couple more. they can't play 90 minutes.. in case their muscles become tired and thats when pulled hamstrings can happen.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

And Justme it’s letting the fouls go on our players that plays a part in our injuries

The Jota Jones & Gravenberch injuries were all caused through our players not getting the protection all players should get, the ref letting a couple of heavy of clumsy fouls go on them, that were bookings but not even given as free, only for the same player to commit another heavy or clumsy foul later he otherwise wouldn’t have & injuring our player in the process

2 v Brentford & 1 v Chelsea happened exactly that way

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The problem is with Nunez and Szoboszlai and couple more. they can't play 90 minutes.. in case their muscles become tired and thats when pulled hamstrings can happen.
    It’s because we have injuries so haven’t been able to manage their minutes as we otherwise would

Yeah we were awesome second half Nunez stayed onside & linked & drove play brilliantly at times

Endo Mac & Szobo got to grips with the midfield nullifying that finding the bacon in pockets behind Endo thing they had going first half

And we battered them like I’ve never seen

Gomez and a couple of others have started getting on thr blind pressing which I of course love Gomez did 3 brilliant ones

I used to love blind pressing, I love our players are doing it now, I love the cuteness of it, seeing what’s on but not letting on you have then as soon as thry play that pass you expected you’re off arriving right in the recipient just as it arrives Just awesome