Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Utd going to prove to be our Nemesis this season..

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Answer…to my original post…yes ffs
    I'd argue that the non-penalty decisions in the Man City and Arsenal games, not to mention injuries to key players for extended spells, is as big a factor as anything - but hey ho.

We can talk all day about reasons why.
    I saw a Twitter post recently that basically summed things up.
    Man City and their cheating have resulted in that bald little nonce creating a situation where there's literally no room for error. Add in the fact somehow and I'm not sure how but Arsenal are now involved in that. People talk about our squad/team not being good enough but look at theirs. There's no way they should be involved but they are.
    It's ridiculously difficult to win this league. You have to be more or less perfect.
    It's not Utd that will have been our nemesis, there are many reasons and they may be just one.

No we’re doing a fine job of that all by ourselves including the Gaffer today, resting Konate for the first leg of a 2 legged European tie when we’re in a title race really isn’t clever

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd argue that the non-penalty decisions in the Man City and Arsenal games, not to mention injuries to key players for extended spells, is as big a factor as anything - but hey ho.
    Dropping points against Arsenal and City is understandable, and to be expected, but to drop four points against a team that is so poor, is just a real bummer.

We should have won both of these games so comfortably with the amount of possession and chances we have enjoyed…to have dropped four points under these circumstances is just criminal really…. we really only have ourselves to blame on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No we’re doing a fine job of that all by ourselves including the Gaffer today, resting Konate for the first leg of a 2 legged European tie when we’re in a title race really isn’t clever
    Did he say he was resting him?

Or was Konate feeling the effects of the Pickford-esque tackle he got against Sheffield United?

Didn't see Klopp's pre-match comments on it so any insight appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Did he say he was resting him?

Or was Konate feeling the effects of the Pickford-esque tackle he got against Sheffield United?

Didn't see Klopp's pre-match comments on it so any insight appreciated.
    If he’s not fit why is he on the bench? Most here had Quansah starting v Sheff UTD making sure Konate was available to start this one, we didn’t need Konate’s top drawer front foot defending against Sheff UTD as he has no-one to mark almost all game we really needed him for todays game

If he’s not fit why is he on the bench? Most here had Quansah starting v Sheff UTD making sure Konate was available to start this one, we didn’t need Konate’s top drawer front foot defending against Sheff UTD as he has no-one to mark almost all game we really needed him for todays game
    Similar to the balls up of selections around the city/pl and united/fa-cup games when we spanked sparta

If he’s not fit why is he on the bench?
    I can only speculate Nineteen - perhaps medical staff said he could do 30 minutes or so if needed, but that rest was preferable.

If it's something to that effect, then the argument I suppose is that it's better for a player to maybe miss one game than end up out for the rest of the season by pushing it.

Or perhaps Quansah has been great in training. Who knows?

Hopefully Jürgen will comment on the selection at some stage.

He should have rested him v Sheff UTD we didn’t need Konate’s front foot defending v Sheff UTD like we were always going to need it today

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Dropping points against Arsenal and City is understandable, and to be expected, but to drop four points against a team that is so poor, is just a real bummer.
    True - but if we get one of those two decisions and convert it, we are 2 points better off and still in control of our destiny.

It's frustrating to be robbed of potential points due to shoddy refereeing.