Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Sheffield United

Your team v Sheffield United

Well, there you have it.

If at the start of the season you had offered me "top of the League with 9 games to go and our destiny in our own hands" then I would have absolutely snatched your hands off.

No more Sky Sports Super Wankfest clashes between those gunning for the title now. Tough fixtures yes - Man United at Old Trafford never ideal - but we are done with playing Arsenal and Man City.

We have been in much worse positions and while the fixtures will come thick and fast now (putting stress on our squad) I would definitely want to be playing a side at the lower end of the table at this time - and we have that in Sheffield United.

Goal difference could still be a factor so it would be an absolute treat if we could conjure a comfortable win, but that isn't exactly "what we do" so I expect a bit of a slog despite the opposition having a massively porous defence.

..........................Kelleher

Bradley.......Quansah....Van Dijk....Gomez

.........................Endo

.............Szoboszlai............Mac Allister

.........Salah.........Núñez........Diaz

Klopp mentioned being careful with Konate, so I'll trust Quansah and save the Konate option for Man United.

By the time we line up for this match we will have seen Arsenal and Man City play mid-week games and we'll know more about what we need to do, but as far as I'm concerned just aim to win all 9 of our League games and let anything else be noise.

Just nine more lads - NINE more - and we are top.

Come on!!!!!!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

CK
    Gomez
    Quansah
    VVD
    Tsimi
    Endo
    Szo/Macca
    Elliot/Grav
    Salah
    Nunez/Gakpo
    Diaz

I know one game at a time but would think that if we are at our slightly best we should best Sheffield. The United game would be 2 days away so don't think we should go into 3 games with near same starting 11. We looked a bit tired today last 15 and also against United they looked fresher.

So I would risk resting 3-5/6 starters vs Sheffield. Especially midfield not all 3 of them should start and one should come of near 60 minutes. It helps that more of the midfielders are coming back so at United thr bench will be deeper but would like if some of our key players have 7 days rest until then. Macca seems to be our form player so would rest him. And have him fresh for United. Szoboslai is a engine but if things go well would play him 60 on Thursday.

We know next week Sunday is their biggest game of the season they are going to give their absolute all.

Kelleher

Gomez Quansah Van Dijk Tsimikas

Szoboslai Endo Mac Allister

Salah Nunez Diaz

I’d be looking to get Bradley on for half an hour for Gomez Konate for.Virgil Elliott for Sloppy Gravel for Mac & Gakpo for Mo or Nunezo

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    I know one game at a time but would think that if we are at our slightly best we should best Sheffield. The United game would be 2 days away so don't think we should go into 3 games with near same starting 11. We looked a bit tired today last 15 and also against United they looked fresher.

So I would risk resting 3-5/6 starters vs Sheffield. Especially midfield not all 3 of them should start and one should come of near 60 minutes.
    Totally understand you thinking this way, really do - something has to give somewhere and we can't just field our best XI for every match.

Personally I am of the mindset that our best team should (SHOULD mind you, no guarantees) be able to be 2-0 up by the 60th minute or so if they are playing to their best and then make changes.

We don't have travel to deal with and if we can muscle through this double-header of two big games on the Thursday and Sunday, we can rotate a little in that Atalanta fixture that will come a week after the Sheffield United game.

It's tough - there will be a lot of selection headaches going forward and thankfully lads like Gravenberch and Jones will be coming back into the fold to help that midfield out.

We could be in 3rd place by the time we kick off v Sheff Utd. We can't sit back just because they are bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Totally understand you thinking this way, really do - something has to give somewhere and we can't just field our best XI for every match.

Personally I am of the mindset that our best team should (SHOULD mind you, no guarantees) be able to be 2-0 up by the 60th minute or so if they are playing to their best and then make changes.

We don't have travel to deal with and if we can muscle through this double-header of two big games on the Thursday and Sunday, we can rotate a little in that Atalanta fixture that will come a week after the Sheffield United game.

It's tough - there will be a lot of selection headaches going forward and thankfully lads like Gravenberch and Jones will be coming back into the fold to help that midfield out.
    Agree as well. Just think 60+ minutes after most played 90 today as Klopp made subs post 70 or so I think. We saw United have a youthful attack to bring on. So I would just like to have a tank that is not empty. I'd rather our best 11 hit Manure for 5 and come of after 60 😁

Shedfield is going to be tough slog but they have been shipping tons so organizationally and motivation wise think they are really the worst in the league. We create so much against a good Brighton today so we just need to be clinical no matter who starts. But Klopp knows best.

Have any of our injured had a resurrection this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Have any of our injured had a resurrection this weekend?
    Klopp was being careful with Konate due to a slight muscle twinge but he will likely be available for the Sheffield United match.

We can probably expect Jones and Robertson to be available picks either for Sheffield United or Man United.

Trent will be the next due back.

Jota and Alisson more likely to be mid-April or late April.

Kick-off
    Thursday 4th April 7:30 pm

A' richt clowns. Tap o' th' league wi' nine tae go. Whit cuid be better than a mid-week fixutre against th' bottom side. A banker 3 points.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.